WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it back after a full Omega service. I was shocked at the timekeeping score. It has always been very good but not that good. I have abrand new omega and it gains 5 seconds per day. This one is 30 years old and it is perfect. I now have an extra 2 years of warranty. I love this watch. It is the Titatnium version of the watch. Serial number places it at a manufacture date of 1987

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nice one!

They didn;t charge for the service? Isn't it surprisingly around $750?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is around $800. It was serviced a little under 2 years ago but the date wouldn't shift with the knob anymore so they actually went through a complete servicing again (they also replaced all the gaskets again) and gave me the 2 year warranty from today. it was still under warranty so they didn't charge anything.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don’t want to do it down, but that line, the Pro Diver, the earliest models are from c. 1993. To the best of my knowledge, none were in production in the 80s.

Reactions: 6R15 and bazelot

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just got it back after a full Omega service. I was shocked at the timekeeping score. It has always been very good but not that good. I have abrand new omega and it gains 5 seconds per day. This one is 30 years old and it is perfect. I now have an extra 2 years of warranty. I love this watch. It is the Titatnium version of the watch. Serial number places it at a manufacture date of 1987
View attachment 15369435 View attachment 15369437
Wow! that' really nice to have an avergae of +0.... (y)(y)
So, I have your younger cousin watch that is 10 year younger - I see yours uses Caliber 1154; mine uses Caliber 1164.
I also got it back from a full service around mid-July. This time went for service to Nesbit's in Seattle. On average mine gains time in almost all positions, with an average of +3.8spd
Did you send your watch to the New Jersey service center? And, how are you so lucky to be charged $0 for a full service? :unsure:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I have your younger cousin watch that is 10 year younger - I see yours uses Caliber 1154; mine uses Caliber 1164.
I also got it back from a full service around mid-July. This time went for service to Nesbit's in Seattle. On average mine gains time in almost all positions, with an average of +3.8spd
Did you send your watch to the New Jersey service center? And, how are you so lucky to be charged $0 for a full service? :unsure:
Mine went to the Seattle center. Looks the same as mine :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t want to do it down, but that line, the Pro Diver, the earliest models are from c. 1993. To the best of my knowledge, none were in production in the 80s.
They said it is 1992 at the Omega shop but all the charts i see online for dating serial numbers place it at 1987. It looks like those charts are off :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love the way the 1154 wobbles on my wrist. it feels like the watch is alive and i can feel it spin. No other watches i own gave me that same satisfying feeling

·
Registered
486 Posts
i love the way the 1154 wobbles on my wrist. it feels like the watch is alive and i can feel it spin. No other watches i own gave me that same satisfying feeling
lol! Yes! It’s younger cousinCal 1164 has the same genes. I think it’s the dna of the ETA Valjoux 7750 movement. Flip your wrist in a certain way & you get that rotor free wheeling counter clockwise....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol! Yes! It’s younger cousinCal 1164 has the same genes. I think it’s the dna of the ETA Valjoux 7750 movement. Flip your wrist in a certain way & you get that rotor free wheeling counter clockwise....
Yes, i actually missed that wobble. Watches that don't have it feel lifeless. I don't believe anyone who hasn't worn one can relate. ETA Valjoux 7750 it is, one of the best movement ever made, even my Master Chronometer Omegas don't come close to it in terms of timekeeping.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Amazing! Looks like they didn’t swap out the dial which is great.

AD (Instagram @officine_scrivano)

·
Registered
9,267 Posts
Looks fab for a 33 year old watch! (y)

Reactions: bazelot

·
Registered
59 Posts

View attachment 15369459
Beautiful watch! I'm usually not a fan of chronos, as they tend to look too busy for me. This one has a very clean look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts