WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had a few Citizen and Orient watches along the way and loved them all, however, I'm all Seiko at this point.

What do you currently own or had owned that made you realize just what a great value these brands are at affordable price points?

Currently in the box...

Monster3.jpg baby tuna 3.jpg SSC271.jpg SSC3.jpg

Please show us your "Big Three" affordables!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Re: My "Big Three". Which affordable Seiko, Citizen and Orient watches are in your collection?

Orient Mako XL Black
Orient Mako II Blue
Seiko SKX007
Seiko SNK809

Reactions: wschofield3

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: My "Big Three". Which affordable Seiko, Citizen and Orient watches are in your collection?

Dont have pictures at the moment but:

Have:
Seiko 7548 quartz
Seiko sbcm023
Citizen BN0151

Had:
Seiko Sarb033
2nd Gen Orange Monster

All fantastic watches at their respective price points

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

Off the top of my head I've got SKX, Turtle, SARB035, modded SNZG and SNK knocking around. I'm also all Seiko; just solid value and quality.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Seiko

Have: SKX009, SARY057, SNKK93, SNKL07, SNDF93.

Had: SARB065, SARZ005, SKX007, SNDF95, SND255, SRPB07, SSB097, SNKK87, SNZH53.

Orient

Have: Orient Star Classic (white)

Had: Bambino V1 (white), Ray II (both black and blue), Flight (black w PVD case)

Citizen

Have: Nighthawk BJ7000-52E, Promaster BN0150-28E

Had: AO9000-06B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,578 Posts

SRP309
ShadowHawk

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk\\20170806_185120 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I'm very much into the same idea of these 3 major Japanese brands as outstanding value, and have been collecting for about a year.

So far I'm leaning heavily towards Orient, there is just so much choice and although some of the designs are crazy, now and then they nail it.

Have been wanting to buy a Citizen for a long time, but I just can't find one that fits my taste.

The Seiko here has just been added, I was on the look out for it for ages, the almost-always-sold-out SNX 111.

I also have a black Orient Curator on the way from Long Island Watch. Looking forward to it :)

Orient_ FEM65005D.jpg Orient_SDB09003W0.jpg Seiko_SNX111.jpg

Reactions: wschofield3

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'm very much into the same idea of these 3 major Japanese brands as outstanding value, and have been collecting for about a year.

So far I'm leaning heavily towards Orient, there is just so much choice and although some of the designs are crazy, now and then they nail it.

Have been wanting to buy a Citizen for a long time, but I just can't find one that fits my taste.

The Seiko here has just been added, I was on the look out for it for ages, the almost-always-sold-out SNX 111.

I also have a black Orient Curator on the way from Long Island Watch. Looking forward to it :)

View attachment 12407027 View attachment 12407055 View attachment 12407057
That 111 looks great!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts

The watch that got me into collecting was the Orient Black Ray. I was debating at the time between it and the Seiko SKX007, and the Orient got the nod.

Since then I have picked up an Orient Blue Mako that I modded with a Black Ray bezel insert. On the Chelsea NATO from Cincystrapworks.com, it is easily one of my favorite watches.

My most recent addition in the Orient, Seiko, Citizen vein is the Seiko SKX007, the very model that got passed over as my first purchase over 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,812 Posts

An SKX007 and SARB095 Cocktail Time. Both great pieces.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Two Seikos, SNZH57 and SNN231P2. I can`t think of a better value for money brand.

DSCF6548.jpg

Αρχείο_000 (11).jpeg

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

When I got back into watches in the 1st year I got the Seiko SARB017 Alpinist and then the SKX007. Bloody hell that firmed up what value for money was for me.

·
Premium Member
71,281 Posts

With so many yummy Seikos and Orients about poor old Citizen doesn't constitute much of a voting block in my collection.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

Forgot to count my 2nd gen Monster earlier.

Thinking about it, with the exception of cheap Chinese watches (and Tisell, a real one-off) I've got no interest in owning any non-Japanese watch. Swiss, German etc hold absolutely no cache with me to justify their price premium.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

I always wondered why Seiko, Citizen and Orient are the Japanese Big 3, and not Casio instead of Orient. Casio is certainly bigger than Orient?

Anyway, I have 4 Seikos:

66-9990 from the 1960s that was my grandfather's.

A modded SKX with 4r36.

Modded Seiko 5

And a solar Seiko SSC143

And I have 2 Citizens - CB0020 and BM8240 (sorry, no pics at the moment).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts