WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My Bronze Diver addiction!!

2M views 15K replies 1K participants last post by  bigclive2011 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Does anyone else suffer this addiction to bronze divers?

Mine all started when Panerai brought out their Bronze submersible, I immedietly tried to get one where I live in the UK but had no chance with only a few coming in, and those all being snapped up by directors of the showrooms ( No doubt as investments soon to appear at 3x retail on the used scene)

Giving up in the UK I tried Italy thinking I might have more chance where they were made, but found like the UK there were none available, so I gave up.

However I started to look at other makes that offered bronze Divers, and ended up getting a Helson shark diver and an Ancon M26 Tank, both of which are great watches, finally today picking up my third a Marinez black dial at a Bargain £200 delivered today.

Now personally I am not into blingy watches, I do not own a single gold watch preferring more understated stainless steel. So when my Helson and Ancon arrived looking like a bar of solid blingy plated gold I thought no way man, got to tone them babies down a bit.

So I started looking at the forced Patina methods on the site, and thought as I normally have a tray of eggs in the fridge the good old bagged watch and egg was the way forward.

I gave the Helson and the Ancon the treatment, and have just taken the Marenez out of the bag.

All 3 watches have reacted differently, the Helson going a more muted darker Bronze, losing its fake gold look, and the Ancon a more reddish tone, which looks really nice.

The Maranez has also gone a more Matt bronze with a certain amount of aged staining on the bezel, but still looking very cool, and defo a lot more than its £200 price tag (You gotta get one guys)

As I was never into chemistry at school, I'm thinking the differing tones comes down to the makeup of the Bronze each manufacturer uses, but all 3 are looking great, and it has only stoked my addiction!

If I can find one I fancy a Kazimon 1500, although they seem to have vanished without trace :((

Here are the pics of the 3, hope you can see the subtle differences in tone, although pics do lie.

Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Brown Fashion accessory
Watch Fashion accessory Strap Watch accessory Metal
Strap Fashion accessory Leather
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Strap Fashion accessory Brown
Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory Analog watch
Strap Fashion accessory Wood Leather Watch
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

So so to all you Diver fans who Havnt tried a Bronze case I would say, don't cos you will end up addicted like me!!

See less See more
#127 ·
I'm sure, Laminated, that on your wrist that one is a beauty! I'm enjoying my bronze Lum-Tec Combat B18. This past weekend I had a custom watch strap maker make me a strap which I really like on the watch. He let me see the leather samples and made it to exactly fit my wrist. Yep, brass and bronze watches are lots of fun to own/wear. Cheers, Bill P.

#129 ·
I'm sure, Laminated, that on your wrist that one is a beauty! I'm enjoying my bronze Lum-Tec Combat B18. This past weekend I had a custom watch strap maker make me a strap which I really like on the watch. He let me see the leather samples and made it to exactly fit my wrist. Yep, brass and bronze watches are lots of fun to own/wear. Cheers, Bill P.

Nice strap! Looks great with it.

#139 ·
Nice Trio...There are worse addictions to have..

#157 ·
Regia got an update on their FB.
All watches has been assembled, cased, regulated and went thru the dry/wet water resist test.
From the FB, the NH35 also has custom signed rotor. An extra custom made leather strap too !

Shipment should start next week !

https://www.facebook.com/regia.timepieces

Will post review as soon as its on hand.

#147 · (Edited)
Ancon sea shadow- $375
Helberg ch6- $525
Ancon tank $550

Financial considerations taken into account which do you go with and why?

#153 ·
So I'd been on a mission for an affordable bronze. I had the Maranez Bangla and liked it but it was a bit tall for me. Then I loved the helberg ch6 and thought I had one and when it came it was stainless!!! Gave up on that and found this. Not as much bronze as I had been looking for but it did cover my love of the all black look and bronze with one watch. It's really beautiful in person.

Attachments

#156 ·
It's a gorgeous watches. When my fake one arrived (stainless) and I tried it on the buckle was about as large as the watch itself!!!

Reactions: bigclive2011
#162 ·
All the links to Bob Wellson Watches are broken, looks like he may be out of business. Given the comments about those watches on other WUS-type sites, there appears to be good reason why. And just to throw in some subjectivity: maybe ripping off the Panerai design (can't even raise the bar to "homage" status) had some reason to do with that?

#164 ·
Benarus Bronze MO

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk