WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a recent member to the forum and have made a number of postings but I thought I would formally introduce myself to this unique community and share my collection with you.
I have always been a fan of Casio. Accuracy has always been a prime consideration for me and I think their Waveceptor range are a major step forward in wristwatch accuracy. I think they are finally making headway in the style stakes too, in non-digital models.
All my collection are G-Shock/Waveceptors except the two on left which is a Tissot PRS200 and a Guess watch.
My favourite is definitely the MI:III MTG910 and when since it was the last in the shop, when I bought it I asked if I could have the promotional plaque!

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome pal and nice watches! I like specially the M:I III G :)

I am a recent member to the forum and have made a number of postings but I thought I would formally introduce myself to this unique community and share my collection with you.
I have always been a fan of Casio. Accuracy has always been a prime consideration for me and I think their Waveceptor range are a major step forward in wristwatch accuracy. I think they are finally making headway in the style stakes too, in non-digital models.
All my collection are G-Shock/Waveceptors except the two on left which is a Tissot PRS200 and a Guess watch.
My favourite is definitely the MI:III MTG910 and when since it was the last in the shop, when I bought it I asked if I could have the promotional plaque!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
I was tempted to buy the movie last weekend (there was a huge pile of them, but I thought €15,- was still a bit pricey... I actually don't know if it's really a movie for me... BTW, nice collection. The MI:3 is the mostr eyecatching I think. Is the fourth fromthe left in the top row the twincept Waveceptor? It looks like one I bought for a very good friend a few years ago.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Sjors. The fourth from left is just a standard stainless steel waveceptor, not sure of the model number, I will check later. I have never heard the term 'twincept'. What does it mean?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Sonny,

I haven't got a picture of it, but with a twincept display, there is a kind of LCD display over the hands. This is a pic I found on the net (this is a ProTrek, not a Waveceptor, but the Twincept feature is the same):

It looks like the digital information is projected on the crystal. Pretty cool feature,

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Actually, if you 'watch' closely it can be seen several times.
I have try, but what I mean is that is never seen as "sponsored" watch... for example if you see "Apollo 13" there some very close shots of the Omega Sppedmaster, and you know well that the watch is part of the movie is some way.
For example in MI-III there's a moment in hospital when the "bad" call Ethan and say to him that he have 48 hours to find the Virus, and the "bad" say: "you have a watch?"... in that case I have imagine a big picture on the screen of the watch, but nothing happens, just see Ethan start the chrono function, but not see the watch.

:-(

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
About twincepts

In the same Japanese fashion magazine BOON, that I have talk in another post here, I have find this Twincepts AD's... very interesting the "projected dial" I think it will be a interesteng feature for some new Mudman or Frogman...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi Schirra,

It looks like you have an interesting magazine there ;-) I think that are even better (clearer displays what Twincept means) pics than the one I found;-)

Cheers,

Sjors
Yes, I have many of this japanese fashion magazines... I use for my work of design... I'm sure there's other ad's... when I have time I take a look and if I find something interesting I out it here!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are right Schirra, the part of MI:III you talk about is an ideal moment for a bit of 'product placement' but you don't see it. A missed advertising opportunity I think.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You are right Schirra, the part of MI:III you talk about is an ideal moment for a bit of 'product placement' but you don't see it. A missed advertising opportunity I think.
Thank Sonny, it's you agree with this, some friends when we see the movie told me that's was not the right moment... and... thanks also for the rigth "technical" word: -product placement- was exactly the word I have missing...

My english is very bad...

:-(

:thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: About twincepts

In the same Japanese fashion magazine BOON, that I have talk in another post here, I have find this Twincepts AD's... very interesting the "projected dial" I think it will be a interesteng feature for some new Mudman or Frogman...
Never seen those before-very cool. I like the concept.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts