WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve been very fortunate this year to have acquired these fine Stowa watches. With each additional piece I have been more and more appreciative of the fine workmanship, also the classic and practical aesthetics. Right now my favorite is a tie between the custom Airman (with black hands, onion crown and luminescent sweep) and the Marine Original. Both are just fabulous.

I have a lot of other watches in my collection but these Stowa seem to be the ones most often found on my wrist. Is it a faze I’m in or will they still be among my most coveted watches in a year or two, thereby withstanding the test of time? My guess is the latter rather than the former. Hat’s off to Mr. Schauer and his staff for making such interesting and beautiful creations! B-) :-!

Prodiver with Limette dial, Marine auto with decorated movement, custom Airman and Marine Original.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Sweet Collection Peter!:p:p:p:p:pYes Jorg is one great designer and watch builder!
Can you tell me the straps where and whom? Custom? Internet?They look awesome , thick, great colour wuhu nice collection!
Regards
Robert
I’ve been very fortunate this year to have acquired these fine Stowa watches. With each additional piece I have been more and more appreciative of the fine workmanship, also the classic and practical aesthetics. Right now my favorite is a tie between the custom Airman (with black hands, onion crown and luminescent sweep) and the Marine Original. Both are just fabulous.

I have a lot of other watches in my collection but these Stowa seem to be the ones most often found on my wrist. Is it a faze I’m in or will they still be among my most coveted watches in a year or two, thereby withstanding the test of time? My guess is the latter rather than the former. Hat’s off to Mr. Schauer and his staff for making such interesting and beautiful creations! B-) :-!

Prodiver with Limette dial, Marine auto with decorated movement, custom Airman and Marine Original.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the nice comments!

Robert, the two Marine straps are both from Don Ginsler. The one on the auto is his 20mm Mini Panerai Style strap, a very nice quality leather piece . The one on the MO is his 22mm Lambskin strap, the one with the Spanish sounding name. I really love that particular strap because it is so soft and comfortable.

The Airman sports a Stowa signed thick leather vintage style strap. Those suckers are very thick and the leather is hard like iron! Once you form it to the shape of your wrist it is very comfortable. Stiff and tough but comfortable nevertheless.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Fantastic Peter! Let's see... you only need three more to have a different one each day of the week. ;-)

Stowas do seem to 'have something' don't they? I keep coming back to mine as well.

Great shot too...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very nice quartet Peter,... a pity (for me) Don doesn't sell the lambskin 22mm anymore.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Guys! Looking forward to adding more if I can find them. The anniversary Airman is on my short list right now. Would also like to find a vintage piece.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts