WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Not exactly bad, but...

As you can see, there's no more open spaces :roll:. And there's two more incoming until the end of the month (hopefully). I could just get another box (locally and cheap), but these watch boxes are a bit cumbersome to say the least, so I guess I'll have to stop further watch purchases until I get something like this. How many could I fit in there?

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I have a situation here...

Well, the idea is to get that case now and later this year get a second one, but until the second one arrives I keep on using the watch box.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,697 Posts

Very nice, LUW! Do you not have an analog/digital one? Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeah, another box like that (full) with autos, four non-G quartz and a couple of my son's watches.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

where/how do you order replacement foam?...specifically for the 1490? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I've seen offers for just the foam on evilBay.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

thanks...kind of expensive. Or maybe I was just hoping for it to be cheaper than I thought. Kind of a newbie to pelican cases.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not sure if you have this problem LUW, but my bigger issue is always the packaging tins/boxes. Running out of space to store them nearly!

---

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

For that I'm ok, since I have a big basement at the clinic and I store all my watch boxes in big plastic bags there. At home I just keep the manuals.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

They're all displayed on my sig, but I have yet to make a current shot of all them together - the herd was drastically thinned in the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

The situation got worse :-:)

As you can see, the ProTreks got evicted, so I'm officially out of space. However, the PRG-70, being my beater, was never stored in that case, it's usually thrown about my nightstand for ease of access when I need it fast. And though I have been debating this for a few months, today I finally decided that the PRG-130 is definitively getting flipped. I've never been a fan of the AB functions of Casios in general, and ever since I got my Core I never wore the 130 again, so it's just taking up space, and therefor it has to go.

Still, even without the ProTreks I'm at full capacity, so that darn big and fancy (and expensive o|!) Pelican case you bad influences made my feeble mind consider a great buy better get here fast :roll:.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

And since I was at it, here's my "auto box" as it looks like today:

You will surely notice that there's a few quartz watches in there, even a POS Polar HRM, but this is the box I don't fiddle with much (basically only on weekends now) so all the ones I don't wear much I put there. The Deep Blue is going, and right now the PRG-130 is in there until I sell it (took up the place of my son's watches). Nothing fancy, far from it, but many there have a huge sentimental value for me.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been prometed to "Collector"!

I always say that whatever you collect, you start to get really serious about your collection when you start investing in how to display or store your collection. But about G-Shocks, though my admiration for what it represents has been very strong for almost three decades, my interest in them only peaked a few years ago. And until last year, I always considered myself an "enthusiast", but definitively not a collector. Last year I re-evaluated my watch hobby and came to the conclusion that autos were not for me. I sold a big chunk of my watches (at lest in financial terms) and with the spare hobby money I bought a few G-Shocks, basically so that I had more wrist options every day. But during this year I found out that I was really enjoying "being around" G-Shocks, specially because with Gs, I can do most watch jobs myself - a HUGE plus in my book compared to autos.

So the G gathering was growing to the point that my normal watch box got too small, and I needed some other place to store them. Because of the evil influence of some very bad people here on F17 :)-d), I got the idea of buying a Pelican case for my Gs. So I ordered a big 1490 and it arrived today:

I spent a good time thinking about how I would distribute the watches in the case, and after some careful measuring I was able to fit 30 (!!) watches in the case .

I wanted to fit as many watches as I could, and the way I did it I think it came out great.

I decided to stuff the open slots with the removed foam - I think it looks better then leaving the open gaps. And as you can see, I still have some vacancy, so at least until next year I'm good ;-).
And since now I'm also investing in how to display my collection, I guess I'm officially a collector b-).

·
Registered
669 Posts
I always say that whatever you collect, you start to get really serious about your collection when you start investing in how to display or store your collection. But about G-Shocks, though my admiration for what it represents has been very strong for almost three decades, my interest in them only peaked a few years ago. And until last year, I always considered myself an "enthusiast", but definitively not a collector. Last year I re-evaluated my watch hobby and came to the conclusion that autos were not for me. I sold a big chunk of my watches (at lest in financial terms) and with the spare hobby money I bought a few G-Shocks, basically so that I had more wrist options every day. But during this year I found out that I was really enjoying "being around" G-Shocks, specially because with Gs, I can do most watch jobs myself - a HUGE plus in my book compared to autos.

So the G gathering was growing to the point that my normal watch box got too small, and I needed some other place to store them. Because of the evil influence of some very bad people here on F17 :)-d), I got the idea of buying a Pelican case for my Gs. So I ordered a big 1490 and it arrived today:

I spent a good time thinking about how I would distribute the watches in the case, and after some careful measuring I was able to fit 30 (!!) watches in the case .

I wanted to fit as many watches as I could, and the way I did it I think it came out great.

I decided to stuff the open slots with the removed foam - I think it looks better then leaving the open gaps. And as you can see, I still have some vacancy, so at least until next year I'm good ;-).
And since now I'm also investing in how to display my collection, I guess I'm officially a collector b-).
Really nice LUW whats the messurments inside?

Did you see my Nanuk cases ?they are almost the same as pelican

I think i can put in 18 watches in mine ....i bought two Nanuk 920 so i hoppfully manage next year to.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Oh crap that rocks LUW! Once again, you have painted my future.
You NEED one since you don't want to be the oddball at F17 without one, right?
:-d

Really nice LUW whats the messurments inside?

Did you see my Nanuk cases ?they are almost the same as pelican
The advantage of the Pelican is that it's easier for me to buy, but it's more expensive then a Nanuk :-(. But both would work the same for what we want.
The 1490 has 45.1 × 28.9 × 10.5 cm.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts