WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wearing my g shocks to work for quite some time now. One of my coworkers, and friends, has been checking them out. He likes em but didn't know if he'd like how big they are. I've let him try on a few different models, trying to persuade him that he'll really enjoy it. He has a regular digital watch he wears all the time. I believe its a wal mart timex or something. Anyway he told his wife he may want a G-Shock for Christmas.

Well a little while ago he sent me a text message to show me what his wife had bought him, and let's just say I am now the one jealous of his watch...

I couldn't believe his wife picked this up for him. He is one lucky man and now part of the G-Shock family.

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Cool story, bro!
I have to admit that this GA-1000(-4AER) looks damn good. I'm really finding this model interesting what comes to features at that price. Maybe I have stop hanging on this forum, it's making my Gear Acquisition Syndrome more and more worse.

And it's always nice to hear that G family grows, one way or another. |>

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Some people have all the luck... I've been married and divorced 3 times and never got a watch like that.

I bought a Russian World Time watch with an inscription in Cyrillic on the back, only to find out later it said "From your loving wife". :think:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I very much like this model, it is my fave GA-1000 model for sure. I have not gotten it but I might get it... but as usual casio always put out great stuff so a lot of stuff competing for my money...:rodekaart

Luckily one of the best parts of G's is the price. Even if the watch is expensive in G segment, it's still far from what Rolex, Omega Speedy and Blanc Pain costs. Technically putting some money side you can easily save money for almost any model. Unfortunately this coin has it's other side and it's the easily growing collection. "Oh bummer, it costs only $60!" and your paypal account has logged one more transaction.

And if you wait a year, £200 watch can be bought in £100 less, that happened to GW-M5610(BC).

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts