WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many Nano watch cases available nowadays. I find them all a bit stiff with no personality. I always wished there was a case that I can customize more and be original.

I have purchased the Lunatik when it first came out. I loved the steel casing, but the strap was too wide for my taste. The 26mm strap lugs of the Lunatik didn't make it too customizeable in terms of strap options since there was only a few limited straps on 26mm. I also hated the smell of the strap, just like a cheap rubber slippers. If you have owned the good rubber watch straps like Isofrane, they smell like vanilla! So there, I couldn't stand the Lunatik and sold it.

When I went to the launching of my friend's new store in Resorts World Philippines, I saw this case for the iPod Nano 6th gen on the shelves - HEX. There were 2 available colors - black plated and the silver one. I told the salesperson if I can check it... upon opening the package, I brought out my small ruler to check the lug width - 20mm Yey! There are many strap options for 20mm!

The event was weeks ago and it was only today that I had time to try it out. I was happy to find out that the new iPod software update offered a lot more watch faces! With my watch strap collection, I was easily able to pick out a number of combinations for the Nano. The Hex case doesn't cover the iPod Nano so there's no protection and the unit color can be seen. But because of the lug size, so many cool combos can be done with this case! You get a lot of personalities with this one! I will just let the photos speak for themselves.

Bottomline, this is one unique accessory for my iPod Nano that I will keep :)

On Nato straps:

For the Kids:

On leather:

On Mesh:

On Isofrane rubber:

And finally my strap choice today for a sporty and a bit more serious look that I thought I'd never achieve with the iPod Nano - Racer strap with deployant

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have had this since the Lunatik came out, I got it while it was on Kickstarter, I love it and I like the thickness of the band. I am a large guy though. Have you seen their new metal band setups? Here is the link

TikTok+LunaTik

It is very nice, I may buy one

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem with the Lunatik as I have mentioned, they are stuck with using 26mm bands. If you are a watch enthusiast like all of us here in WUS, you probably have collected a number of straps already. The good thing with the HEX is that has 20mm lugs and as you can see in my combinations above, the straps available are aplenty! You can't get these in 26mm. So with the Lunatik, it's pretty much a closed system. Not so many strap options for it.

Hey guys from Lunatik, I hope you guys read this thread and create a new version with 20 or 22mm lugs. This will open your product to the watch enthusiast market as well.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I'm still thinking about why someone would have a small ruler in their pocket. :p

Love the pics though and I'm happy to see Apple finally put more watch skins on the nano. This may push me over the edge and thanks for the info on the 20mm. I have a bunch as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is BY FAR one of the slickest things I have seen in a long time. Great work!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the nano just clipped to the strap or did you take
apart the hex and remove band and keep
the section the nano originally clipped on to. It looks
There is something silver under the nano? Thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The HEX case is untouched, just removed the bracelet. It is color silver, my ipod is not so there is a bit of color mismatch. but not anymore, will purchase a silver nano soon. Glad you like it guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts