WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

Hi all,

Several months ago I stumbled upon ASRSPR's thread showcasing his modified 2254 with non-AC dial, PO sweep hand, PO bezel +/- PO crystal. I immediately though I MUST HAVE ONE. So I went searching for a base 2254 and happened to nab one with a slightly corroded sweep hand and old faded bezel for a good price - perfect! :-! The watch was in good condition, but was unfortunately running 20s slow per day so a service was also needed.

Had the parts ordered in from Omega/Swatch (Ofrei shipping to Australia made it the same price as getting it straight from Omega) which took a little while and had them expertly installed and serviced by Ian Head in Brisbane at Timecraft services. The watch service was fantastic with the watch running 1-2s fast per day if not bang on time! The price was also very reasonable and I highly recommend his services. He also put up with my insistent calling to see how things were going; what a pleasant fellow indeed!

After several months, the first stage was complete and all that was left was changing of the bezel. However, after a period of time wearing the watch, I came to love the faded bezel. It felt adventurous and well-travelled. The differing shades of grey gave it a sort of depth and have been told it looked like liquid metal. All my non-watch-enthusiast friends think it looks old and crap. What do you think? If anything, I would change it for a ceramic bezel instead of the planned PO bezel; the scalloping feels more natural to the watch.

So for now, I present to you my custom modded 2254 with faded bezel.

Green Watch Neon Turquoise Analog watch

Gotta love that lume!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Looks good! I'm going to do the same soon. Also, let me know if you want to sell the bezel...also, I don't think the ceramic bezel is readily available.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Nice job! The faded bezel looks natural and (IMHO) any other bezel would be too blingy for this classic Omega model. Re: Your watchmaker. Another Independent getting all the credos!! Well done and with some beautiful images.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
I´ve got a question for you- does anyone know if the new ceramic bezel fits to SMP 2254.50?
I believe it does, however I don't think they're readily available...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually, you know in my investigations, I did manage to get a quote on a ceramic bezel straight from Omega/swatch. It was something like $750 as opposed to about $340. At the time I thought it was a bit steep. Point is, it might not be impossible to get your hands on one. Although, now that I'm typing it out, it might be one of those things where you send in your watch and they replace it (i.e. take your old ceramic bezel and destroy it) so that they control the numbers in the wild.

I believe it does, however I don't think they're readily available...

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Actually, you know in my investigations, I did manage to get a quote on a ceramic bezel straight from Omega/swatch. It was something like $750 as opposed to about $340. At the time I thought it was a bit steep. Point is, it might not be impossible to get your hands on one. Although, now that I'm typing it out, it might be one of those things where you send in your watch and they replace it (i.e. take your old ceramic bezel and destroy it) so that they control the numbers in the wild.
interesting...

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Look good, keep the bezel! looks like the newer charcoal bezel on PO

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.