WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My dad gave me his pocket watch that he used to wear with his mess kit when in the Army.

It looks like it has a slight patina which I like. I know it's not expensive as its a Sekonda and Quarts, but keen to learn more. Year etc. Any help would be great.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371800958.192119.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371800969.247895.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371800981.178379.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's an eBay auction with seemingly the same pocket watch. More information is included in the ad, but I cannot assure you this is all 100% correct. It seems legit tho:

SEKONDA UK brand for soviet export watches. The watch was produced by Molnia Watch Factory - Chelyabinsk Watch Factory.

This watch made in USSR (not a modern copy made in Russia in present time) by ChWF (Chelyabinsk Watch Factory, USSR). On the beige dial: 'SEKONDA', '18 Jewels', 'Made in USSR'. The watch have two covers with volumetric engraving. The Hunter case is in silver colour and made of steel, CHROMED. Full winding makes the watch run more than 36 hours.

This beautiful pocket watch has the original Molnia movement caliber 3602 with 18 jewels in an excellent status. The watch has the movement analogous ROLEX 1930-40's. The creation of this outstanding mechanism was clearly inspired by the legendary ROLEX Cal. 5513 in 1930-40's and is highly valued nowadays by the watch collectors and watch enthusiasts. If you are familiar with ROLEX Cal. 5513 you will notice some striking similarities, such as: very large screw balance wheel, fine timing regulation mechanism, plates layout, large and powerful mainspring, oversize jeweled stones, etc. The given model of a watch is considered rare.

• Date prodced : 1970s
  • 18 Ruby Jewels
  • Mechanical, Manual winding-up
  • Molnia 3602 Movement Caliber
  • Diameter Movement: 36 mm; Case (without crown): 49 mm; Thickness 12 mm
  • Little seconds subdial
  • Case chromed.
Hopefully this helps you out a bit more.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I believe I've seen that case used on a Molnija and the dial looks almost identical to one of mine, mine isn't a quartz though:

You should be able to pop the back of the case off with the edge of a knife to see if it has the 3602 movement.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I'll pop the case and have a look. You're all right, it' looks to be an automatic. I'll post another pic of the back shorty.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah ok. So a manual wind movement. Any idea of the year?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts