WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my Doxa family!

I went away with my real family to my parents house over Thanksgiving. They live in the Orlando area so we always visit Disney while at my parents.

While at the Animal Kingdom me and my son were waiting in line to go on Expedition Everest (which is a great ride I might add.) I had someone come up to me and he noticed my Doxa T-Graph. This was the first time this happened. This truly was a pleasant surprise. My son thinks I am a total geek, and he could not believe it. We met up with my wife and daughter and my son said someone noticed dads watch. Her exact words were I bet you can't wait to post this. So here it is.

The person did give me his forum name which I forgot and said he doesn't post that often but does frequent the forum. He also stated he ordered the Seaconquerer.

So if you are here here please say HI.

Take Care

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well, it wasn't me .... but for the lack of a PM, it could've been. I live in the Orlando area .... we might've met for coffee or something, and really thrown your son for a loop ........

:-d Same goes for all of you other folks .... coming to my neck of the woods? PM me, and we'll do coffee and piccies! :-!

Cheers!
Bill

·
14,572 Posts
Bill, We usually bring the kids to Disney once per year. I will have to look you up the next time down...........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello my Doxa family!

I went away with my real family to my parents house over Thanksgiving. They live in the Orlando area so we always visit Disney while at my parents.

While at the Animal Kingdom me and my son were waiting in line to go on Expedition Everest (which is a great ride I might add.) I had someone come up to me and he noticed my Doxa T-Graph. This was the first time this happened. This truly was a pleasant surprise. My son thinks I am a total geek, and he could not believe it. We met up with my wife and daughter and my son said someone noticed dads watch. Her exact words were I bet you can't wait to post this. So here it is.

The person did give me his forum name which I forgot and said he doesn't post that often but does frequent the forum. He also stated he ordered the Seaconquerer.

So if you are here here please say HI.

Take Care
It wasn't me although I too took my family to Disney last week. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Universal / Islands of Adventure, and my personal favorite Kennedy Sapce Center on Saturday. I live in York county but flew out of Reagan to be able to take a direct flight on Us Air -- gotta use those miles. 95 was murder between DC and Baltimore yesterday.

Left the Shark and Caribean home and wore my Suunto Vector.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Bill, We usually bring the kids to Disney once per year. I will have to look you up the next time down...........
Kewl! I'm serious too ... I enjoy meeting like-minded folks; watches, motorcycles, Land Rovers .... it's all good! :-!

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
:-!I was leaving the Everest ride after picking up a Fastpass and in the corner of my eye, there among the throngs of people, I had a T-graph sighting. You could not miss the bright orange face with 3 sub-dials, so I ran over and introduced myself to Nick. I had only previously seen Pete's pictures. The watch is even more impressive "in person". I told my wife and kids about the encounter and they called me a geek too. I have the Seaconqueror Pro on order, and also have my eye on the Carib T-Graph.

·
14,572 Posts
It is amazing how you do see people on a RARE occasion with a Doxa on. On my recent flight back from San Diego I spotted a 750T Caribbean in the terminal in Salt Lake City. First Doxa I have ever seen while out and about. (Other than the CC Convention).:-!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill, like Jason we visit my parents once a year. I will definitely look you up next time down.

My parents live in Winter Garden in a community called Vista del Lago.

Rastah, hang out and post some more. It truly was a treat to see someone that likes Doxa's.

Take care

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys that is a really neat story, especially with the reply from Rastah01.:) BTW I'm affectionately know as the watch psycho....Well the affectionately part my be a bit of a stretch:-d .

Billy

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Bill, like Jason we visit my parents once a year. I will definitely look you up next time down.

My parents live in Winter Garden in a community called Vista del Lago.

Rastah, hang out and post some more. It truly was a treat to see someone that likes Doxa's.

Take care
Hey Nick, that sounds like a plan! I know Winter Garden well .... go west on SR50 a ways, and you enter Clermont. Once there, you'll find some fun motorcycle roads. Not "Tennessee" fun, but OK for Florida. Send a PM when next you and yours visit .....

Rastah .... I concur with Nick .... stick around a while; it's quite entertaining here! :-d I'm curious about the handle ... are you Jamaican, or ex-Navy that spent time in the Caribbean? Either way, welcome! :-!

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
656 Posts
And, ring me up too. I live in Orlando too and Bill and I have met up once before. Three Doxas in the same place? Unheard of!! ;-)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
And, ring me up too. I live in Orlando too and Bill and I have met up once before. Three Doxas in the same place? Unheard of!! ;-)
Why, it'll be a mini DOXA convention!! :-d

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Which is worse, being called a geek or a watch nerd? That's what my kids call me when I chat with someone about watches :)
DW
Guys that is a really neat story, especially with the reply from Rastah01.:) BTW I'm affectionately know as the watch psycho....Well the affectionately part my be a bit of a stretch:-d .

Billy

Geek .... nerd .... psycho .... no worries! I'm having too much fun, and I can't end up in jail with THIS hobby!! :-d :-!

Uh, ignore that last part there ..............;-)

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually I am a transplanted South African. I have lived in the states for 17 years (currently in New Orleans). I am a certified dive-watchaholic, and have flipped my share of watches over the years. I was the original owner of a Dreadnought (#117), which I also flipped. The Seaconqueror and T-Graphs really strike me as a "grail watches". My current collection includes a Rolex Seadweller, blue Tudor sub (79090), vintage Omega SM300 (date version), Tutima Nato Chronograh TL (tachymeter version), and Breitling SuperOcean Chronograph.

Hello, my name is Paul and I am a dive-watchaholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hello Paul!

Well, I was way off with my assumptions .... :) South African, eh? I'm betting you're rather familiar with Landies too.

By the by ... nice collection you've got there ... thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts