WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just an idea for Joerg. Why don't you open a customer service complaint email address or form together with standard customer service address? That would give unhappy customer a chance to communicate directly with you or someone else in charge and would lower various forum complaints.

It's also true that these kind of forum complaints work well for Stowa because they show incredible integrity you guys stand for.
This forum, "Jörg Schauer & STOWA" is an Official Forum, sponsored by Stowa themselves. Herr Schauer is a member of 15 years here and has addressed specific concerns on an ad-hoc basis for some time now.

I'm sympathetic to the OP for wishing to commemorate a long-awaited league title, watching the off-season dwindle while waiting in the afterglow of that occasion, and finally learning the watch in question wouldn't arrive until after the start of the next season.

In the end, the OP's grievances were addressed directly and courteously. While it needn't have come to that, perhaps, I see this episode as an example of the forum working in one of the ways it's supposed to.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
All the fanboys missing my point is just what I expected. I waited 2 months for my watch. Another 10 days in the scheme of things is nothing. This has been only about communication and nothing else.
As the matter has been addressed I feel no need to add anything else, whereas some would like to attack my character. You know who you are, and you should also know where your opinions fit best :)
Jorg, if you're reading this....and you are serious about refunding me the price difference, I applaud that.
Instead of this kindness, may I suggest you take my refund and give it to charity - I will leave it up to you to pick which one.

·
Registered
411 Posts

All the fanboys missing my point is just what I expected. I waited 2 months for my watch. Another 10 days in the scheme of things is nothing. This has been only about communication and nothing else.
As the matter has been addressed I feel no need to add anything else, whereas some would like to attack my character. You know who you are, and you should also know where your opinions fit best :)
Jorg, if you're reading this....and you are serious about refunding me the price difference, I applaud that.
Instead of this kindness, may I suggest you take my refund and give it to charity - I will leave it up to you to pick which one.
No one missed your point...no one really agreed with it though, to your consternation obviously. No one's attacked your character either except to call you impatient...but apparently we're just all "fanboys".

Some people just can't self-analyze when their actions are called into question. Sorry that you came out here looking for sympathy and blind accord in your assessment of your predicament and didn't find much.

P.S. Fanboy? Nope, just a fan...and with good reason. Sorry you're not one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I know for a fact you were informed you will not get your watch before end of August before ordering, because it said so on the store page*. If you didn’t agree with the wait, you shouldn’t have ordered it. So yes, the watch was DELAYED by 10 days, not 2+ months.

*I know because I was going to order one watch for my birthday, but it said end of August which would have missed my bday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I know for a fact you were informed you will not get your watch before end of August before ordering, because it said so on the store page*. If you didn’t agree with the wait, you shouldn’t have ordered it. So yes, the watch was DELAYED by 10 days, not 2+ months.

*I know because I was going to order one watch for my birthday, but it said end of August which would have missed my bday.
I never said it was delayed by 2 months. Jesus wept.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I really don't understand you. Delivery time is stated literally 1 line below the price. You obviously agreed to it when you ordered it, and because the delivery was delayed by 10 days you performed this whole ruckus. Here, let me help you (lieferzeit):

If you don't speak German, they also have an English site, here:

And it looks like this:

While I agree Stowa's website is not great and would need an update, the delivery time is pretty clearly stated. I'm sorry 10 days past the delivery time you agreed to is too much for you to bear, but this is clearly not a sign of patience.

·
Registered
89 Posts
While I agree Stowa's website is not great and would need an update [snipped]
Ancillary to your main point but AMEN.

I've probably seen almost every page–and believe me, there are a lot of them–on the Stowa site map over the past few months, and it's not a great experience. Especially on mobile, toggling between options (movement, date, straps) on some watches doesn't change the display photo to reflect the new choice, and there aren't enough photos of the watches from other angles to begin with. The historical pages contain a great deal of information and photos but they're all over the place and frequently redundant.

Irksome at best when attempting to learn more about the offerings from a company whose primary point-of-contact with potential customers is through that website.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited by Moderator)
I really don't understand you.

While I agree Stowa's website is not great and would need an update, the delivery time is pretty clearly stated. I'm sorry 10 days past the delivery time you agreed to is too much for you to bear, but this is clearly not a sign of patience.
Edited by mod, rule 2.

I lost patience with the lack of communication.
I lost confidence with the lack of communication.
If there had been good communication (the CEO himself said it was lacking) I'd be wearing my watch.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I really don't understand you. Delivery time is stated literally 1 line below the price. You obviously agreed to it when you ordered it, and because the delivery was delayed by 10 days you performed this whole ruckus. Here, let me help you (lieferzeit):
View attachment 15459760

If you don't speak German, they also have an English site, here:
View attachment 15459761

And it looks like this:
View attachment 15459762

Beating a dead horse now mate...

OP already said it wasn't about the delivery time, rather the lack of communication.

Was the OP impatient? yep definitely! BUT we all know it gets like that when you order a new toy and being kept out of the loop doesn't help at all, a simple heads up goes a long way in situations like this, thats on Stowa.

Cases can be made for both sides but at the end of the day both parties managed to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.

I'm sure Jorg wont be losing any sleep (or sales) over this one, and seems it was a blessing disguise for the OP as he's now focusing on his "end game" watch

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ancillary to your main point but AMEN.

I've probably seen almost every page–and believe me, there are a lot of them–on the Stowa site map over the past few months, and it's not a great experience. Especially on mobile, toggling between options (movement, date, straps) on some watches doesn't change the display photo to reflect the new choice, and there aren't enough photos of the watches from other angles to begin with. The historical pages contain a great deal of information and photos but they're all over the place and frequently redundant.

Irksome at best when attempting to learn more about the offerings from a company whose primary point-of-contact with potential customers is through that website.
Yeah, and they also really need to consolidate info in one place. Strap sizes are described on one page, straps are sold on another, movement info on third, ... it’s all over the place and not intuitive at all. The weirdest part is how with Google you can still reach pages for example for the bracelet of their diver, but they don’t even sell it anymore. And unless you are intimately familiar with their website, you would be entirely forgiven to not even knowing they sell divers in the first place. They really could and should renovate their webpage, as it’s the only storefront vast majority of people will ever see.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Imagine Trying to buy a Submariner!

In all seriousness though, the reason this thread rubs so many people the wrong way is you come across like your saying Stowa has horrible customer service when its well known to be some of the best in the business. I mean hey, the CEO handled it himself! They have currently been having issues with sourcing parts lately hence what he said about your watch being delayed.

I agree, its not to much to ask for a update here and there about the state of your order. But what conpany does that? I can tell you big name companies don't. So to expect Stowa to do so seems to be expecting a little much. And if you enail them to ask for a status they will be more than accommodating, based on my experience I'm sure of this.

I’m not trying to make excuses for Stowa. I’m just saying to give them a second chance. One bad experience shouldn’t spoil your opinion of them.

PS: Calling us fanboys is a little much, thats just trying to be plain ol rude.

Ps2: A customized watch offered by Jörg himself, your crazy if you don’t take that offer! We’d all beg for such a offer!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ps2: A customized watch offered by Jörg himself, your crazy if you don’t take that offer! We’d all beg for such a offer!
Yeah, Pieter, ask him to take a Chronograph 1938 Bronze dial and stick it into a non-patinating bronze chronograph case, and then send the results my way.

Seriously though, this is easily the most beautiful dial Stowa makes today, and one of the few in the current lineup endowed with anything like human warmth. I find the polished steel case is too austere by contrast, though, especially without any steel elements on the dial to make it properly two-tone.

And since precious metal cases aren't really Stowa's style anyway, at least not this century (yellow/rose gold tho!), the recent spate of bronze casework in the lineup would make it a likelier candidate for this watch in particular. Hopefully with the 41 mm Marine Original Bronze Vintage Roman numeral already in production, a bronze 41 mm chrono case is feasible, too.

The railroad minutes track and the subdials might need to be beefed up a little for legibility, to avoid being washed out by all of the bronze and gold tones. An optional framed date window like on the lovely Black version would be nice, especially if the date wheel were color-matched (not at all easy to do, I imagine, given all of the work that goes into making the dial).

Maybe I'll ask Stowa if they'd consider making it for me anyway...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Edited by mod, rule 2.

I lost patience with the lack of communication.
I lost confidence with the lack of communication.
If there had been good communication (the CEO himself said it was lacking) I'd be wearing my watch.
EXACTLY! You lost patience because of ONE ignored email and canceled your order. You had two previous emails...one was responded to late because they were closed and the other you got a prompt response to...but they were both responded to. And, you were emailing a specific person I believe, just like I was. I had one person eventually not respond, emailed the main customer service and had someone else respond..until they eventually didn't respond either. THEN, I emailed customer service directly one last time saying if this continues,, I won't be buying from Stowa again. CS respondent #2 then responded...no excuses, just a genuine apology for dropping the ball and was consistently and immediately responsive over the next few weeks (about 13 more emails) concerning the delay, shipping updates AND a customs issue. You simply never gave them a chance to correct ONE missed communication. I, as impatient as I am, gave them a third and final chance and they came through. Again, this was an unusual circumstance as this was the first time someone dropped the ball on an order for me at Stowa.

Whatever...ultimately it was your loss... due to lack of patience...over ONE email.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I wasn't calling everyone fanboys, just one person in particular really and they took the bait as I expected them to. Sorry.
Exactly...again. You resort to name calling because I don't agree with you. You've missed the point here consistently and repeatedly. Thought maybe you'd see the problems with your arguments but that was expecting too much...my mistake. Oh well, such is life.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, and they also really need to consolidate info in one place. Strap sizes are described on one page, straps are sold on another, movement info on third, ... it’s all over the place and not intuitive at all. The weirdest part is how with Google you can still reach pages for example for the bracelet of their diver, but they don’t even sell it anymore. And unless you are intimately familiar with their website, you would be entirely forgiven to not even knowing they sell divers in the first place. They really could and should renovate their webpage, as it’s the only storefront vast majority of people will ever see.
The bracelet isn't the half of it; there are entire watches listed for sale that don't show up on the site in the usual categories.

Although it isn't listed under Sportwatches with the other Prodivers, if you liked the Prodiver Olymp Bronze from a few years ago, you're in luck! Type "Bronze" into the site Search window, you'll find it shown as available for purchase. Type in "Bezel" and you'll also see the badass titanium, bronze, silver, and gold bezel inserts for the Seatime/Prodiver models:

Prodiver Olymp Bronze
Bezels

I don't know if these are actually still available but I haven't seen them listed anywhere else on the (English) site. If they are, they should consider telling someone? If I had known about the titanium bezel insert, I probably would have bought a Prodiver over the Damasko DSub1 I ended up getting.

Now if only I could find StufflerMike's sector-type cream-dial Antea limited edition on there, I'd be set...

·
Registered
Omega Speedy Pro, Guinand Series 40, Sinn 104, Stowa Marine 36 manual, CWC G10, Magrette Moana Pacif
7 Posts
I have to say, even though I've been out of the watch buying market for some years, that 36mm Marine Roman with the hand wound movement is awfully tempting! An absolute classic looking watch.
I have this watch - its absolutely amazing! Go for it 😉👍

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited by Moderator)
Update: Just received the refund price difference via paypal (prefer it if Jorg had seen my reply about putting it into charity of his choosing!) and a sincere apology from edited by mod Sarah.
I assured edited by mod Sarah that I had no ill feelings.
Thank you Stowa/Jorg/watchuseek forum.
I have closure and I'm pretty sure this situation won't happen again anytime soon.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts