WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Aqua Terra back from repairs and I want to recap my experience with the Swiss Service Center for anyone that wants to send in their Omega watch to them. This may be a good alternative for those who don't want to send in their watch to New Jersey (esp after reading all those horror stories). They are an authorized repair facility for Omega (and other Swatch brands) and they operate out of a small shop in La Grange, Illinois. When I first went to drop off my Omega AT, I couldn't find the store front because it's in an alley.

I explained my watch's problem to the woman at the window - winding the watch through the crown was not smooth, it felt as if a grain of sand was stuck in the winding/crown mechanism and it had been getting more noticeable over time. She took the watch and started to wind away and said that it was normal. I told her that it wasn't because I've tested numerous other ATs and they winded up smooth as butter. My AD even confirmed that the watch had a problem. She said that they'll take in the watch anyways and examine it. This was on April 6th.

I called them to inquire about the repairs about once every 2 weeks. She informed me as to whether is was still being diagnosed, waiting for parts, or in the testing phase. Btw, they replaced the crown on my AT. Once I received it, I winded up the watch and now it's silky smooth. I also checked for any new scratches, dings, or dents, and it came back in the same condition as I dropped it off. As a precaution, I took numerous pictures of the watch to document its condition before I dropped it off. Those NJ service center stories really got me scared.

Overall, it was a decent experience and I wouldn't hesitate to send them my watches for repair / maintenance again. They do service non-Swatch group watches, but not under warranty. It took under 2 months and I think that's about average or maybe even better than average for turn around time. I hope this information can help someone here.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's good to know. I considered the La Grange facility when it came time to repair my SMP, but was leary when I needed a replacement piece for my Luminox watch band, and found their customer service to be "dry". They wanted me to blindly mail in the watch for inspection (even though there was nothing wrong with the movement). Next they said it would most likely cost me $25 for the rubber guard that holds the strap in place. I wound up ordering a brand new OEM strap for less than that. Maybe they treat Omega owners better?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts