WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've completed the first week. This is quite an interesting "test" for me. I'm so used to changing multiple times, that I really had to "tell" myself not to switch watches for the first couple of days. But then...it just became habit to keep wearing the same watch...but I still had occasional urges to change

Because the first week I wore a Seiko, I put the review in the Seiko forum. But I thought you all might like to read how it went, so here's a link:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1496797

Thanks for reading! :)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Well done! It will be harder with some of the others of course, but that's the reason for the experiment.

Getting excited yet about the next watch to come out of the WatchUDon'tSeek randomiser?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done! It will be harder with some of the others of course, but that's the reason for the experiment.

Getting excited yet about the next watch to come out of the WatchUDon'tSeek randomiser?
Yeah...I think I can already see some that will be "harder". And I'm wearing from Friday to Thursday...so I'm already wearing the new one for this week :-!. It is funny though...I did get excited when I opened up the spreadsheet to see what it generates.

luv the pics and review,, toph !!!!
may wanna do the Globemaster next, coz i have no idea wat it is.
Thanks mans. I don't pick what I'm wearing next though...I have an Excel spreadsheet do the picking for me. And it's already picked for the next week.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
It is funny though...I did get excited when I opened up the spreadsheet to see what it generates.
Happens to me too. It's a Friday evening ritual to come home from work, clean the 'old' watch and then press 'generate' on the random number programme to select the 'new' watch. Then off to the watch box, and in with the old and out with the new.

It has the suspense of a lucky dip, and once you've sold off the 'lesser' watches, every one's a winner! :)

·
7,911 Posts
Happens to me too. It's a Friday evening ritual to come home from work, clean the 'old' watch and then press 'generate' on the random number programme to select the 'new' watch. Then off to the watch box, and in with the old and out with the new.

It has the suspense of a lucky dip, and once you've sold off the 'lesser' watches, every one's a winner! :)
Are you saying you did the same thing here Tribe?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So what do you do when if it picks the same thing you're already wearing? For me, it will most likely (later on in the experiment) pick something I've already worn. I decided to have it generate again until I get to something unworn...but I wonder what you do with only 6 or 7. :)

Aye, I think that is what he's saying. IIRC He wears his for a week straight, then changes...I think that's why he doesn't get into the other daily "WRUW" threads too much. And since I started...it get's boring to tell the others what I'm wearing...since what I say on Friday should be what I'm wearing Monday.

Tribe is my inspiration ;-).

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I've been selecting my watch randomly for a couple of years. I think the process definitely helped sort the sheep from the lambs in my collection - even if that wasn't my reason for doing it.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Thats kind of fun! But I change multiple times of the day!

I have too many watches... LOL :(

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Great review :-!

Takes some willpower keeping the same watch on. Quite rewarding though; I find I enjoy the watches I wear now far more than when I wore something different every day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts