WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I have two new arrival only.:-d They are atomic and LRG frog (costed me one arm already).

As many members have shown these two models already, to make it not so boring, I decided to call two more frogs to combine a full picture of four major generations of frogman.

Black and White in box

The atomic frog is really big and heavy (114 g)

The first assistance is my DW-6300B-2:

To me, the manual is rarer than the watch.:-d The white display is quite unique in that series.:-! I like the lamp bulb frog.:-!:-!

The twins: but their age gap is over 14 years:-d

Another helper is my DW-8200BK:

Again, the bezel design is quite similar.

The four major generations starting from left: 6300, 8200, 200, 1000b-)

One moreb-)

Not enough watch stand :-d

Of course we also have 9900 and Baby G frog but I regard them as a variation only.

Will find a day to take a full house picture again when the 1000B arrived.

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

Wah

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Wah you are the Frogman ;-)

How do you like the new Frog compared to you older ones. If you only could keep one would it be the new one :think:

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Great post, Wah. It's interesting to see the design trends for the Frogman. You've got to be one of the members with the most Frogs in your collection!

Congrats on the 2 new additions! :-!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wah you are the Frogman ;-)

How do you like the new Frog compared to you older ones. If you only could keep one would it be the new one :think:
To be very honest, it is not the top three in my frog list if appearance is the primary concern. However, the GWF1000 has got most of the functions I want:

1) 6-band
The China band is the only band I can receive in Hong Kong. Yesterday night when I got my atomic frog, it could receive the signal in one trial during manual mode.:-!

2) Moon Phase
Lunar calender is equally important in Chinese society and I was born in full moon. So this function is nice to me.;-)

3) Tide Graph
I need to know tide graph when some heavy equipments shipped to my working place though it is not often.

You may argue that some other G's have got all these functions. But the most important thing is: they are not frog and you know I am a frog freak.:-d If everything should be objective, we may not get marry with our wife.:-d:-d:-d

This time I am clear that this non-B model is for wear and the B is for collection. I prepare to pay a leg for that.:-d:-d:-d

Wah

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Awesome acquisitions :-!

It's amazing to see how many design clues Casio used between specific Frogman series...6300 and 200, as well as 8200 and 1000. Very cool indeed!

I believe you're right about the 6300 module 1084 manual, they're really rare these days. b-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Wah~!! a first glance at your first image of the LRG and the new Atomic simply took my breath away!:-!
~ I am a newbie to the Frogmans, but the LRG edition Frog is just sensational and stunning! A new bulky Atomic Frogman? Nice~!!! :-!

Let's see some wrist shots bro! :p

Enjoy them in good health! :-!:-!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice, I also have a Fantastic 4 but it's of the Orient brand. :)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Finally got that LRG frogman eh? Nice addition! I'm gonna wait for the 1000B version to chop off my leg to pay for the new froggie. Cant wait for that family pic!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...I am a newbie to the Frogmans...Let's see some wrist shots bro!...
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the frog club.:)

Here comes the wrist shots:

Like a child wearing his daddy's watch.:-d:-d:-d

The LRG frog is definitely not for wear as it is easy to get dirty. I hope one day Casio can issue a glossy white frogman, like the white Riseman I wear the most during the casual day.

White is an evergreen colour. It makes you look younger.b-) I like this even better than the 206k because of its blue/white match.:-!

Cheers

Wah

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...I'm gonna wait for the 1000B version to chop off my leg to pay for the new froggie...
:-d:-d:-d

The problem is I have only one leg left.:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
great idea for photos, and fantastic watches. apart from features or price or colors schemes, which generation's design do you prefer?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great idea for photos, and fantastic watches. apart from features or price or colors schemes, which generation's design do you prefer?
It is a difficult question. I actually like both 8200 and 200(6300) series (otherwise, I will not call myself frog freak:-d). But if only one I can select, I will vote 8200 because it is more outstanding (looks bigger with the button protector).

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the frog club.:)

Here comes the wrist shots:

Like a child wearing his daddy's watch.:-d:-d:-d

The LRG frog is definitely not for wear as it is easy to get dirty. I hope one day Casio can issue a glossy white frogman, like the white Riseman I wear the most during the casual day.

White is an evergreen colour. It makes you look younger.b-) I like this even better than the 206k because of its blue/white match.:-!

Cheers

Wah
Yikes that does look Big on your wrist :-d

·
Registered
242 Posts
could you pm me a good place to pick up the New 1000 and what price range i should be paying.

When is the B gonna be available?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all friends who love or hate this frog. I know it is always controversial.;-)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts