WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello here is a shot of my 007 that I built a few days ago. Dial and hands are from MK2. It was easy to mod and now the bug has bit. I need to get a crystal press to install chapter ring and sapphire crystal. Also need to get a small setup for beadblasting cases I think the mat gray finish gives it a completely new look. There are so many cool combos that you can make. Do some of you do your own mods? How about some pics:-!
Happy new year to all, Gsm

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
gsm,

That looks great! I have been thinking about doing something similar to an SKX007, this may be the inspiration I need. Keep us updated on any more mods you do to this or other watches, it would be great to see more.

Best, Mike

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
One word of CAUTION, don't blast with sand, sand blasting causes Silicosis, which is a form of cancer. Also get yaself a good Full face mask, the military type.

Here's an Oldie mod, must be 1.5yrs ago:-

Before/after:-

·
Registered
345 Posts
exposure to microparticule can cause silicosis.. but in 5-25 yrs... sandblasting 2-3 watches a year aint enough to cause any diseases :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done my share of blasting using glass bead blast media in the proper cabinet. Mainly on large valve plates for reciprocating air compressors. I am not sure but I think I would use something like crushed walnut shells as blast media for watch cases. Nothing very aggressive, just want to take the shine off. Gsm:)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Gsm,

Glass beads is still allowed in the UK, it's Sand blasting which is banned, as it must have a higher amount of Silica I guess.

Regs

Bry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts