WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a Night Train!

And this is my very first post in this forum.

I have always been a fan of the brand but was undecided as to which model to get. Three days ago I saw the Night Train at my AD here in Manila and didn't hesitate to buy it.

I was slightly annoyed by the mislabeled UTC window, but every other feature of the watch somehow just made up for it. The DLC is fantastic - i accidentally banged it on my garage door and chipped off some rust in the process. With one wipe, the apparent scratch disappeared without a trace.

The night display is beautiful; the design is simple and elegant; the 42-hour power reserve is good to have.

Pardon the lousy cellphone camera shot. It's my only camera for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Congratulations and funny anecdote about the garage. Great concept with the WUS screen in the background.

It is not a true zulu indicator, but a 24 hour display of the current time. I knew this before I bought it and a second time zone was not a biggie to me. I wanted the look. But it should probably be indicated in the description.

The cool orange warning under the zulu as Brian pointed out is also nice and appears around 9pm and slowly fills the circle to warn you not to change the date.

Thanx for sharing!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Scott.

By the way, i notice that sometimes the Ball Watch Co. CEO lurks around the forum. Dear sir, is there something wrong with the main website in Switzerland?

I've been trying to register my watch for an extended warranty but the "NEXT" button refuses to cooperate. The only one that works is "RESET" which merely takes me back to square one in filling up the form. I've used both Safari and Firefox browsers and neither of them get me to the next step, so i suppose it isn't my computer or my connection that's not working properly.

I'd surely appreciate some help in that regard. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Thank you, Scott.

By the way, i notice that sometimes the Ball Watch Co. CEO lurks around the forum. Dear sir, is there something wrong with the main website in Switzerland?

I've been trying to register my watch for an extended warranty but the "NEXT" button refuses to cooperate. The only one that works is "RESET" which merely takes me back to square one in filling up the form. I've used both Safari and Firefox browsers and neither of them get me to the next step, so i suppose it isn't my computer or my connection that's not working properly.

I'd surely appreciate some help in that regard. Thank you.

I registered my wife's watch after seeing your post and it went through with IE.

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Congrats on the NT... great first choice, and am sure not your last Ball. The website registration worked for me using IE also - for some reason it appears to be optimized for IE...:-!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the NT... great first choice, and am sure not your last Ball. The website registration worked for me using IE also - for some reason it appears to be optimized for IE...:-!

Thank you very much. The NEXT button still won't work and i've been at it for three days now. I have a feeling the Ball website does not like Mac browsers. I'll have to visit my sister and use her PC.

But can someone at Ball address this issue, please? I intend to buy another watch and so I'll soon have two units to register at your site.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes, congratulations on your Night Train! b-)

I also was unable to register using my preferred Firefox browser (running on Windows), I had to use IE to get the form to function with the "Next" button.

--Keith

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Thank you very much. The NEXT button still won't work and i've been at it for three days now. I have a feeling the Ball website does not like Mac browsers. I'll have to visit my sister and use her PC.

But can someone at Ball address this issue, please? I intend to buy another watch and so I'll soon have two units to register at your site.
Ahhh a Mac... good point - I think there was some other mention around here about the website not working right on a Mac regardless of browser... and any hints on your second Ball your looking to get?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh a Mac... good point - I think there was some other mention around here about the website not working right on a Mac regardless of browser... and any hints on your second Ball your looking to get?
Wow, even in the watch world there's still a Mac vs. PC issue. LOL!

As for my next Ball... gotta be the Cleveland Express Dual Time! I love the numerals on that model and the very elegant design. Perfect for globe trotting and candle-lit dinners.

Can anyone PM or email me as to how much that retails for in the US? We don't have it in the Philippines yet, but my AD won't have a hard time ordering it for me when the time comes.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I feel right at home already.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on your night train! I didn't know that it had arrived in Manila already. Haven't had time to go around the shops lately. I had a colleague buy a ballwatch for me over this weekend so hopefully I'll have either the Ball Engineer Master Chronometer or the Ball engineer Arabic.

Chris

·
Registered
944 Posts
Congrats,and Welcome to the "Ball Club" Very Nice 1st choice,I really Need an NT :-x Good Luck and Enjoy :-!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Congrats on the NT! Checked out a couple of ADs here in manila and Lucerne Shanrila was out of the NT but the diver chronometer is still available. Checked out chronos virramall and got to handle the NT for the first time.:-!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, everyone!

My other watches are a little jealous of the newcomer at the moment.

I notice a couple of other Pinoys in the forum. Hi, guys! I wonder how big the market for Ball in the Philippines is. From a business standpoint, i'm sure Ball would appreciate a significant percentage of the market.

But if there are only a few Ball owners in the country, it sure is cool to know we're part of an "exclusive" club, so to speak.

Cheers, everyone!

·
Registered
434 Posts
is a Night Train!

And this is my very first post in this forum.

I have always been a fan of the brand but was undecided as to which model to get. Three days ago I saw the Night Train at my AD here in Manila and didn't hesitate to buy it.

I was slightly annoyed by the mislabeled UTC window, but every other feature of the watch somehow just made up for it. The DLC is fantastic - i accidentally banged it on my garage door and chipped off some rust in the process. With one wipe, the apparent scratch disappeared without a trace.

The night display is beautiful; the design is simple and elegant; the 42-hour power reserve is good to have.

Pardon the lousy cellphone camera shot. It's my only camera for now.
Congrats on your first Ball:-!:-! But beware, it won't be your only one;-);-)

Kind regards
Bob:thanks

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
My other watches are a little jealous of the newcomer at the moment.
Hi EP,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

Congrats on your first Ball! The Night Train's an awesome first Ball watch!

I think a lot of us here have other watch brands that are getting a bit jealous of our Ball watches. Our Balls seem to get a lot of wrist time, while the others seem to spend more time on the winders, in watch boxes, and in dresser drawers. :-d

Glad to have you here, EP! I hope that you'll drop by often, and hang out with us! ;-)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi EP,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

Congrats on your first Ball! The Night Train's an awesome first Ball watch!

I think a lot of us here have other watch brands that are getting a bit jealous of our Ball watches. Our Balls seem to get a lot of wrist time, while the others seem to spend more time on the winders, in watch boxes, and in dresser drawers. :-d

Glad to have you here, EP! I hope that you'll drop by often, and hang out with us! ;-)
Thankl you, Geoff! I find myself hanging out here more often than is humanly healthy. :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on your first Ball:-!:-! But beware, it won't be your only one;-);-)

Kind regards
Bob:thanks
Thanks, Bob!

Oh, no. There goes the next vacation budget.
Well... Who cares? LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts