WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, but I have to admit that I have been lurking around for about 2-3 weeks. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised to see such a large and active community!

IMG_4289.jpg
Hi-Res: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/QuickSand10/IMG_4289-1.jpg

This is my new Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual Chrono A-T E650 movement watch. I received it as a Christmas/birthday gift from my girlfriend.
The model number is AT4000-53E, but I can't seem to find any information on this particular model on the internet?

It's absolutely stunning! I love it! I spent all day looking at it, which I should because my previous watches were nowhere near this beautiful or well made.
IMG_4309.jpg
Hi-Res: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/QuickSand10/.highres/IMG_4303-1.jpg
I had never heard of Citizen's Eco-Drive tech until very recently this week. When I was faced this morning with the pretty difficult choice between an automatic Bulova watch (precisely the 96A136 BVA-SERIES 120) or this Eco-Drive Citizen, I chose the latter.
The price was approximately 380$ ($CAD), down from ~680$ ($CAD) from The Bay, only this weekend.

It has a nice weight (albeit pretty impressive, compared to my cheaper old Fossil that gave out) and a sapphire crystal face, which I hope will be more resistant than my much older Festina's mineral crystal face. WR200 is a nice plus as well. Doing my homework on this forum convinced me that Eco-Drive is NOT to be avoided like the plague :) so I'm very happy about that! Radio-controlled, atomic syncing seems pretty cool too, even if it doesn't work 100% of the time, which is to be expected.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the watch. Part of the reason I'm posting here is because I couldn't find any pictures of this particular model anywhere on the internet, so at least, now, one exists (at least on this forum!)

-Marc

Reactions: Laso1

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Seems to be yet another variation on the E650 theme (AT4008 and AT4010 are others). Nice watch.

And yes, eco-drive is not to be avoided, rather sought. Citizen make an awesome watch, and excellent value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased this watch as well, from The Bay. That is the only place that I found this particular color scheme with the brushed bezel. Was debating going with an AT4008-51E but I prefer this one instead. Love it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just purchased this watch as well, from The Bay. That is the only place that I found this particular color scheme with the brushed bezel. Was debating going with an AT4008-51E but I prefer this one instead. Love it!
I am wondering where this watch is really coming from or if it is a real citizen. It is NOT listed in any citizen country website.

For example all the other e650 movement watches are listed somewhere on a citizen website. I have a at4008-51E so was interested in this watch also.

The fact that the Bay is only place that sells the watch make me nervous. If it is a real Citizen it would show up with the AD's etc.

The original poster also listed its part number as AT4000-53e (I believe he got it off the watch tag), but the part number does not exist. I just have a feeling this is not a legitimate watch created by citizen.. Maybe people are assembling from parts and selling on the bay or reselling to stores??

It is a cool looking watch, so would like to get one, but only if it a real citizen....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, but I have to admit that I have been lurking around for about 2-3 weeks. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised to see such a large and active community!

View attachment 893928
Hi-Res: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/QuickSand10/IMG_4289-1.jpg

This is my new Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual Chrono A-T E650 movement watch. I received it as a Christmas/birthday gift from my girlfriend.
The model number is AT4000-53E, but I can't seem to find any information on this particular model on the internet?

It's absolutely stunning! I love it! I spent all day looking at it, which I should because my previous watches were nowhere near this beautiful or well made.
View attachment 893934
Hi-Res: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/QuickSand10/.highres/IMG_4303-1.jpg
I had never heard of Citizen's Eco-Drive tech until very recently this week. When I was faced this morning with the pretty difficult choice between an automatic Bulova watch (precisely the 96A136 BVA-SERIES 120) or this Eco-Drive Citizen, I chose the latter.
The price was approximately 380$ ($CAD), down from ~680$ ($CAD) from The Bay, only this weekend.

It has a nice weight (albeit pretty impressive, compared to my cheaper old Fossil that gave out) and a sapphire crystal face, which I hope will be more resistant than my much older Festina's mineral crystal face. WR200 is a nice plus as well. Doing my homework on this forum convinced me that Eco-Drive is NOT to be avoided like the plague :) so I'm very happy about that! Radio-controlled, atomic syncing seems pretty cool too, even if it doesn't work 100% of the time, which is to be expected.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the watch. Part of the reason I'm posting here is because I couldn't find any pictures of this particular model anywhere on the internet, so at least, now, one exists (at least on this forum!)

-Marc

NOTICE HOW THE WORDINGS "PERPETUAL CALENDAR" AND "RADIO CONTROLLED" EXTEND PAST THE INNER PERIMETER??? I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT IN ANOTHER CITIZEN MODEL...

ALSO, THE 24 HOUR MINI-DIAL IS LABELED AM/PM... ISN'T THAT REPETITIVE??? AGAIN, I'VE NEVER NOTICED THAT ON OTHER MODELS. STRANGE...

IF ANYONE HAS SEEN THESE ATTRIBUTES BEFORE, LET US KNOW...

BTW, GOOGLE HAS NO OTHER IMAGES OF THIS MODEL (THAT I NOTICED) OTHER THAN THIS POST...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
This watch is exclusive to The Bay in arrangement with Citizen - it's legit.
On a similar note I have an ana-digi Citizen that is seemingly exclusive to Costco. It's nowhere to be found on the internet otherwise, but it's certainly authentic.
Enjoy the watch!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This watch is exclusive to The Bay in arrangement with Citizen - it's legit.
On a similar note I have an ana-digi Citizen that is seemingly exclusive to Costco. It's nowhere to be found on the internet otherwise, but it's certainly authentic.
Enjoy the watch!

That's cool... Out of curiousity, I still wouldn't mind a link that shows a store's website image with these attributes...

·
Registered
2 Posts
This watch is most likely for the Bay only but note that the face is identical to the AT 4027-06e on citizens website....
http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=AT4027-06E
The differences I found is the strap, case and the ring between the face and crystal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, I might have been a bit unclear for the users that aren't from Canada.

By "The Bay", I meant The Hudson Bay Co., whose site you can access here: The Bay
I'm afraid some members were confusing "The Bay" with "eBay".

The Bay is a Citizen authorized retailer; the store itself is very similar to Sears. They sell, among other watch brands, Seiko, Bulova, Movado, SW Steel, Casio as well as fashion brands like Guess, A|X, Fossil, Micheal Kors...
I don't think they would carry any frankenwatches, but then again, I could be thinking naively :-s

@c-h, I searched many times after I had the watch in my possession in order to find any pictures or information on the watch. I looked on The Bay and couldn't seem to find it on there at the time (and I just checked their site again, still can't find it). That's mostly what pushed me to post some pictures and the information I had on this forum.

From what I could gather, the dial is borrowed from the AT4027-06E, the case (and crown and buttons) and the chapter ring come from the AT4008-51E, while the fixed stainless steel tachymeter bezel is from the AT4000-02E.
The abovementioned watches all have 42mm diameter casings and share the same E650 movement.

I am also happy to see my first post on watchuseek got so much love! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry guys, I might have been a bit unclear for the users that aren't from Canada.

By "The Bay", I meant The Hudson Bay Co., whose site you can access here: The Bay
I'm afraid some members were confusing "The Bay" with "eBay".

The Bay is a Citizen authorized retailer; the store itself is very similar to Sears. They sell, among other watch brands, Seiko, Bulova, Movado, SW Steel, Casio as well as fashion brands like Guess, A|X, Fossil, Micheal Kors...
I don't think they would carry any frankenwatches, but then again, I could be thinking naively :-s

@c-h, I searched many times after I had the watch in my possession in order to find any pictures or information on the watch. I looked on The Bay and couldn't seem to find it on there at the time (and I just checked their site again, still can't find it). That's mostly what pushed me to post some pictures and the information I had on this forum.

From what I could gather, the dial is borrowed from the AT4027-06E, the case (and crown and buttons) and the chapter ring come from the AT4008-51E, while the fixed stainless steel tachymeter bezel is from the AT4000-02E.
The abovementioned watches all have 42mm diameter casings and share the same E650 movement.

I am also happy to see my first post on watchuseek got so much love! :)
I have also tried a search on line for it at "The Bay" but nothing.

None the less i am enjoying mine too, a present from my wife and kids.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was following Citizen models in couple months recently and found that Citizen may produce model for specific country/region even not listed in their website (neither country's specific nor global site).

So as long as you can see the backcase legit, also movement printed on the face are correct, should not be worry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts