WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Sharp watch, I was going to buy that one at one time. Not at a bad price either. Please give a review when you get it, I am patiently waiting on my watches and will post more reviews when I get them. :)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
SeikoAutomatic1: I almost went for that white citizen from Pokemonyu ;-) but, ultimately went for the pepsi citizen instead. Your white one does look nice, doesn't it? Congrats! :-!
MMT: As I say above, I have owned the Citizen diver for about a month now and it seems to be a great running watch. I did notice a slight loose feel the first time I set it however...but that might just have been my familiarity with Seikos. I am used to a more tighter feel.
Muxinick: I too am patiently waiting for an Amphibian...18 days now! :-( :-s Contacted the seller and he assured me he shipped December 10th, (from Belarus). Maybe with Christmas and new years the mail is slow. Still, I wait. :) Hope your's comes soon!
regards, Dave

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thanks for your info. Have you tried tilting your watch when the second hand reaches 5, for example? Does the second hand run faster or jump? Have you also tried shaking your watch once abruptly? (warning: shaking your watch might cause damage to your movement, meaning, I won't be offended if you won't do it, but if you do, it's at your own risk! :) ) Does the second hand stop for a few split seconds and continue?
MMT
If you're asking me, MMT, I didn't actually have any trouble with my citizen. It just FELT loose, and I think it only felt that way to me because I was used to the Seikos feeling tighter. I did just try your 'tests" on the citizen though :)
and it passed with flying colors! Thanks for the insight, MMT.
regards, Dave

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Congrats on the new Citizen :-! . Not much for white faces myself but that is a nice looking watch. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I did receive some good mail today, I got my Pulsar Solar Diver. I will post a review in the coming days. But inital impressions are that it is big, heavy, awesome SS bracelet, and beautiful dial along with the strongest lume of em all yet!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Congrats Bill. I have had mine for about 9 months and it is a solid, dependable and (reasonably) accurate watch. I like the hand-windability advantage over the Seiko models and the price is great. I can also confirm its water resistance; I haven't dived with it but it goes swimming regularly. I love the white face personally - everybody has black faced divers!

No looseness, skipping seconds, erratic running or anything else of that sort to report.

Only two downsides in my opinion. I don't like the rubber they come on and at 38 mm across the bezel and 41 mm including the crown it wears a little smaller than I'd like it to. Here is mine on a nice 'n chunky 20 mm watchadoo bracelet:

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Congrats Bill!
I agree with Quoll, the white dial is very nice!
Hope yours shows up soon Dave!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts