WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a buddy that has a GWM-5600BC and did not like the bracelet (new condition) so he swapped it for a resin band,and had a spare bezel as well. I swapped him my jelly bezel and band for his bracelet and spare bezel and installed his pieces on my GWM5625E. I repainted the letters gold on the bezel to match watch as well.

Does the combo look nice ??

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thats a fantastic job man!!! :-! I know of another individual thats going for the same look. :think: I'm looking to pull it off with the Ocean grey display, you confirmed the need to paint it. Really great job.
Thanks, yes I believe Topher is planning the same mod. I really like the way it came out, I still have a resin strap with gold buckle and another bezel for a GWM-5600 still on back-order. Casio did a real nice job on this bracelet and I may end up keeping it on there instead of the resin. The band gives the watch some heft and feels/fits great :-!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Now, that I like! Great job!:-!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
mayb you want to help Dougie out, hes been wanting a gold lettering on his bezel.
Dougie, If you need help getting some paint let me know. ;-) I used the Testors Model Masters Acryl in Gold, they claim it is even better then enamel version. I first used goof off to remove the old paint, cleaned it well, then filled in the letters with gold paint.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Dougie, If you need help getting some paint let me know. ;-) I used the Testors Model Masters Acryl in Gold, they claim it is even better then enamel version. I first used goof off to remove the old paint, cleaned it well, then filled in the letters with gold paint.
if i know dougie, he'll be like

" i cant find the paint anywhere in store. apparently they only stock up in the winter. plus i need a new bezel anyway and why not go with the one with gold lettering. also, i dun wear that 5000 that much anymore since i got the MTG. i might considering flipping the 5000 and have it fund my Citizen, instead. oooo, im hungry for some pasta !!!! i luv NJ "

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
This should have been named Project Team Tough. as mansrow used to say Freakin Sweet :-! :-!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
good mod|>

·
7,972 Posts
if i know dougie, he'll be like

" i cant find the paint anywhere in store. apparently they only stock up in the winter. plus i need a new bezel anyway and why not go with the one with gold lettering. also, i dun wear that 5000 that much anymore since i got the MTG. i might considering flipping the 5000 and have it fund my Citizen, instead. oooo, im hungry for some pasta !!!! i luv NJ "
You are correct sir! I think I've given up trying to find an original bezel though. However, I may have found a hobby store closeby that Im going to check on this weekend for some paint. No more flipping for a good long while, this is about the happiest I've been with my collection since I started collecting :-! Oh....and there would had been possibly some profanity mixed in there too :-d

How did you apply the paint? Qtip? Brush? Spraypaint? Firehose? Rabbits foot?

The compliments are well deserved by the way, you really did a great job on this.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
You are correct sir! I think I've given up trying to find an original bezel though. However, I may have found a hobby store closeby that Im going to check on this weekend for some paint. No more flipping for a good long while, this is about the happiest I've been with my collection since I started collecting :-! Oh....and there would had been possibly some profanity mixed in there too :-d

How did you apply the paint? Qtip? Brush? Spraypaint? Firehose? Rabbits foot?

The compliments are well deserved by the way, you really did a great job on this.
Dougie Rabbits foot lol :-d :-d :-d

1 - 20 of 28 Posts