WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum (long-time reader, first-time posting). I have been interested in watches for years, but I can't afford to collect Swiss timepieces. So lately, I have been "scratching the itch" by learning about tinkering and amateur watchmaking. I decided to dive in, and build my own watch from parts ordered online. I did a LOT of research on WATCHUSEEK, so I thought I would share my experience here. I made a video of the entire build, including the tools I used, and the process for making a custom dial. I posted it on YouTube here...
I hope someone else working on a similar project finds it helpful. Thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
19,328 Posts
I watched the video and liked it.

I'd like to suggest that you swap the full size gloves with rubber finger caps for a better presentation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'd like to suggest that you swap the full size gloves with rubber finger caps for a better presentation.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to use what I had to the max extent possible. My watchmaker's tool kit is constantly growing, though. Maybe I will invest in some finger cots before my next build. I appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Fanfreakingtastic!! Your watch looks great and your video was very well done. Thank you for sharing!!

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good work who made the dial for you ?
Can you PM the name of the company
I used a company called ponoko at ponoko.com. They are great. Really good customer service. They actually contacted me before they cut my dials to make sure the specs were perfect. I ordered this dial on 0.4mm thick birch plywood. I used a program called Inkscape to design the dial, and I referenced the technical documents for the 2824-2 to make sure the date window and dial feet were in just the right position. I got the dial feet from ofrei.com and attached them with a little bit of JB Weld.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Are you talking about finger cots? Affectionately known as finger condoms?

·
Registered
19,328 Posts
Are you talking about finger cots? Affectionately known as finger condoms?
You can't use more than one condom at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts