Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Champagne

Votes: 10 9.9%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally am get an expensive watch. I decide to get a Rolex. It is watch I want for a long time. I do not know which dial color. Here are watches I found pictures on internet. Oyster watch with blue, dark gray, silver, champagne? I really like dark gray or champagne color. Which you pick.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Dark grey and blue are more casual colors, given the dressy looks of the watch, silver, or champagne would be a more of dress up colors.
I agree, I would say that the gray is the least dressy and the silver the most dressy. The blue and the white grape(it's not called champagne even though it has a similar look) are in between with the white grape being more dressy than the blue. But I think that the blue on a nice leather strap would be quite dressy. To me the Steel(not called gray) doesn't fit with anything. It is to close to the color of the watch case and bracelet. What about black?

Reactions: Patekista

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I have had 3 silver dialed Datejusts aaaand I'm a bit tired of them. They look nice! don't get me wrong (maybe it's because I've had three) but the black dialed Rolex Air King I have is soooooooooo much nicer to look at for some reason... Just IMO... I don't really connect with any of the colors you have up there, but I would go for silver if those are the only options.

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you really like the dark grey or champagne, get one of those. Always go with your gut. Second guessing yourself only leads to dissatisfaction and flipping (usually at a loss) for what you really wanted in the first place.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought that exact blue one 6 mos ago, love it, blue looks great all the time, sometimes dark sometimes lighter, pending on lightening,, first watch I've owned where I actually get compliments,, good luck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Have you checked them out in person? I find that how I feel about a watch on my wrist is completely different than how I feel about it in pictures. Try them on and see which on speaks to you.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Blue +1...
It just so bright and crisp. ; )

Reactions: Patekista

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for feedback. I have not seen any in person. However, I tried on a datejust of same size and it looked good.

I have had 3 silver dialed Datejusts aaaand I'm a bit tired of them. They look nice! don't get me wrong (maybe it's because I've had three) but the black dialed Rolex Air King I have is soooooooooo much nicer to look at for some reason... Just IMO... I don't really connect with any of the colors you have up there, but I would go for silver if those are the only options.
So you prefer black? The black has pink numbers and accents. I don't see option for white numbers.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I will admit I haven't seen the new colors yer, red grape, white grape and steel. I have been told that these colors are much more impressive in person than in pics. Having said that, the steel, just doesn't look good to me. The red grape and the white grape will be interesting to see in person. The white grape will look like an aged silver and in fact, the Rolex Oysterquartz of the 70's is what this white grape looks like:

old:

New

So it may be a cool one if you like classic vintage look.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Blue > Gray > Silver

The Whie Grape/Champagne are very popular but I just can't see it. The look fine on a gold watch, but leave me flat on a SS.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts