WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have been reading a lot about G-shocks and their durability and strength in rough conditions. Being that I am a member of the Armed Forces, I decided to invest in the G-Shock GW2310BD-1 purchased from a fellow WUS member!

I've never photographed a watch before, but here is my attempt:

The watch is extremely easy to use and I have not had any issues reading the reverse LED in full direct sunlight as some have discussed. It is extremely light and obviously durable. I might get a black Martec/NATO band for it, but the steel band that comes with it is very light and the clasp is very secure! I can't wait to put this thing to the true test...in July ;)

·
7,946 Posts
Hi Asian, welcome to the forum and most important thank you for your service!

that looks great and I can picture that @nato looking excellent on that watch.

Wear it safely, serve proudly, and thank you again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the watch from a fellow WUS member J.B. Books. He was a great seller. He purchased it but ended up not needing it, so he sold it! Thank you for the welcome Doug!!! I'm excited to be part of the community and cannot wait to participate further!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Welcome to the club. You made a neat first choice of G. Not many have that model due to its newness and price, so I reckon you've bought some bragging rights along with a solid timepiece.

I wish it and you well in July and after.

·
Registered
47 Posts
welcome to the forum and great choice
about 1 mont ago i buy the GW-2310, and i think its a very good basic watch...
i love the 2300 series....
now i'm waiting to buy a double velcro band and the adapters for my...

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Nice G :-! I wish I could see one in person. :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
All,

I have been reading a lot about G-shocks and their durability and strength in rough conditions. Being that I am a member of the Armed Forces, I decided to invest in the G-Shock GW2310BD-1 purchased from a fellow WUS member!

The watch is extremely easy to use and I have not had any issues reading the reverse LED in full direct sunlight as some have discussed. It is extremely light and obviously durable.
GREAT choice! I really like that model, and have been seriously thinking about getting one.

Thanks for the photos, and for your service! Enjoy your new watch, it's a beaut!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
What is the difference between GW2310BD-1 and GW2310BD-1V?
No difference. One simply has the serial number quoted more fully than the other.

Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Extremely Impressive ! |>
I'm sorry I missed that one, its on my "Must Have" list.
I like the fact that it has the metal bracelet and the lay out is awesome.
Congratulation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So...quick question on this watch. I have been trying to find the right "adapter" so I can purchase a Zulu band for this watch...is this the right part? http://www.casiosalesandservice.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=10071609%21Casio

The reason I am unsure is it states the adapter is "gray" and I have a black watch. I spoke with the Casio directly and they said they don't have any adapters for this watch b/c it is brand new. Your thoughts please???

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
That doesn't look like an adapter to me... :think:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
That doesn't look like an adapter to me... :think:
I just looked at the set I have. It is the correct piece. The photo does not show them from the front so you can see the slit for the Zulu to fit through. I would guess that the new one has the same connectors as the old one so it should fit. ( should ) :)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I just looked at the set I have. It is the correct piece. The photo does not show them from the front so you can see the slit for the Zulu to fit through. I would guess that the new one has the same connectors as the old one so it should fit. ( should ) :)
:-!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts