WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am entering that time in my life when I purchase my first Casio G-Shock. Like all first's I don't want mine to be tainted by it being a fake. The model I am after is the AW590-1A. I would buy it from the G-Shock.com shop, but I live in Australia(no shipping), so am turning to online sources like the dreaded e-bay. I have searched the threads trying to pick up how to ID a fake, but handing it over to those who know the product seems the best bet. What are your thoughts on the legitimacy of this watch NEW CASIO G-SHOCK DIGITAL ANALOG AW-590 AW-590-1A BLACK - eBay, Wristwatches, Watches, Jewellery. (end time 25-Aug-10 23:15:58 AEST)

Thanks in advance for your assistance and/or advice. If it is fake, could you tell me what it was that made it fake so i can look out for it in the future.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Yeah, looks OK from here. Nice "first G", man. Can't wait to see how ya top it!

Josh

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after what seemed to be a whole day of research, i bit the bullet and paid for the above ebay purchase, 114AUD all up. I hope it will be genuine, i will post pics for the resident experts to deliberate. I looked at other online sources like amazon(they don't ship to Australia), SuperChrono (mixed reviews on the boards here), Direct Deals (they just had no idea and hoped their word that they sell no fakes will do, despite other forum sites stating they sell fakes at times), so i ended up with ebay. Would be happy to pay more than bargain prices, to know i have a legit g-shock, but the few watch shop i rang here in Melbourne, sell only the base, more common models. I guess i will see in 1-3 days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks J.D.B. that was the only point my i could pick as a noob. It's hard to compare a watch to the real deal, as you only have web images as a template, and they could be pics of fakes to start with. some guys on these threads have posted their legit g-shocks, but unfortunately not my model. I have had quite a bit of communications with this seller, asking all types of questions about the product, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So points i have done to check legitimacy of this watch:

1. box watch came in was Casio G-shock, it had the model number on the back of it
2. instruction booklet had the dealer stamp in the back for the 12 month warranty
3. i weighed the watch 59 gms, done at my local post office, scales 0.000
4. i have asked the seller lots of questions, and to his credit he has answered them
5. i have taken pics for the brains trust to look at....

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Yup. The real deal. After a while you'll get good at spotting the fakes......

Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts