WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Congratulations on a great G!

(I can't help but think if you were an EXTREMELY "Thrifty Nerd," you might have gotten the basic black one for half the price, but I DO like the yellow version as well! :-! )

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
wayssssssss too awesome for such a first G

·
Registered
772 Posts
GW-6900 is a classic. My black one says hi.

Reactions: The Thrifty Nerd

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses guys - I appreciate it. It is an awesome watch and a keeper I think. I do have a question. I have yet to be successful in getting it to sync with the time signal. Is there a trick to this? I have tried to manually sync with L3 strength but I keep getting ERR displayed. This G newb would appreciate any help with this issue.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I have yet to be successful in getting it to sync with the time signal. Is there a trick to this? I have tried to manually sync with L3 strength but I keep getting ERR displayed.
Sorry to hear that you're having problems, but after reading this forum for a couple of years, I would estimate that 90% of the members in North America have trouble with manual synching, especially if it's not at 4 AM. ;-)

The probable solution:

1) Read this thread first -- there are many like it, with someone else solving the exact same problem, but this is the most recent one from a week ago: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/i-can-never-get-waveceptor-sync-949831.html

2) Unless you're a night owl, you probably won't ever get it to manually synch between 7 AM and midnight in Chicago, because of the way the radio signal propagates at night. Another link, with a map that consists of links to even bigger maps! https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/resources-file-179140.html#post2453577

3) Just set your watch to "Auto Synch" and let it do its thing overnight, and in the morning press the lower right "Start/Stop, Fwd/Receiving" button to see when it last synched. If your new watch is like most of the atomics around here, it will probably show "last synch" when it finishes receiving each day around 12:04 AM! :)

Some members have had to experiment with putting their watch in different rooms overnight to see where they get the best signal, but most don't seem to need to do this.

Hopefully this helps!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the info Mike - I will keep trying until I find a good spot for nocturnal syncing.

Sunday evening update:
I tried the last remaining window in my apartment and was successful with a manual sync.
Now all I need is some sunlight to charge her up - LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts