WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the itch for a while. I wanted something Bauhaus. Clean, simple, and great for an all-around daily watch. I looked at Stowa, Braun, Mondaine, and they were all very nice but they just weren't doing it for me. I kept coming back to the Nomos Ahoys. Thankfully, I live close enough to the only Nomos AD within 150 miles that I could go out and see one in the flesh.

I went in thinking the deep blues of the Atlantik was what I wanted, but the stark white Ajoy really took me. So, after thinking about it for a year, I bought my first German this afternoon, the Nomos Ahoy Datum.

IMG_1735.JPG IMG_1746.JPG IMG_1745_blurredSN.jpg IMG_1742.JPG

I highly recommend the AD I went to - Little Treasury Jewelers in Gambrills, MD (between Baltimore and Annapolis). I worked with Ethan, and he was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and was able to get me a slight discount on the watch (not terribly much - apparently they don't really discount the Nomos at all because of the limited quantity they get in). They also carry Longines, Bremont, Ball, and Meistersinger - as well as a few others slightly less noteworthy.

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
Super envious though I've always wondered why it says "made in Germany" at the bottom instead of "hergestellt in Deutschland."

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
wow that is freaking awesome, I love Nomos more and more especially when I see real life pictures of them. That lume is sexual. Congrats!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! I'm pretty hyped about it myself. It's my second most expensive purchase, but it's the first one I feel really good about. And the strap is VERY comfy - I may have to invest in some Perlon's for my other watches!

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
That Ahoi is one good looking piece. I believe it's a diver.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a great watch. It is definitely off the beaten path for highly water resistant watch. Congrats on you Ahoy!

·
Registered
19,593 Posts
Nice watch, the only downside of the watch is the automatic winding, it should have been a manual.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Congrats, lovely watch.

·
Registered
19,593 Posts
That would be a pain with a screw down crown but I suppose more options is good.
Hand-wound watches don't often have screw-down crown.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts