WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am long time lurker on WUS and I just wanted to share some pictures and thoughts my Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Hemispheres. This is my first real post here and I am not even going to attempt a review or anything that substantial.

This is my first watch that I consider truly high-end and unique. The level of finish, to me, is beyond anything else I own or have owned. Every single detail is so well executed and I find myself staring vacantly at this watch drooling on a regular basis.

I went in to the local AD (Cellini Jewelers in the Waldorf, great people there) to look at some Arnold and Son watches, which I am still truly enamored with. However in seeing and wearing the Tonda and discussing the watch/brand/Michel Parmigiani with the salesman I found myself obsessed.

This is a stunning watch in the metal and I highly recommend it to anyone considering it.

Im not great at describing the watch experience, so please ask questions!

Enough rambling, here are pics!

2014-11-04 12.42.21.jpg 2014-11-04 12.42.06.jpg 2014-11-04 12.34.51-1.jpg 2014-11-04 10.22.20-3.jpg

·
Registered
485 Posts
Are you kidding, the RO, the blancpain, I would call those high end. But really, you have an incredible collection with a great new addition.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Oh don't get me wrong, I think a lot of my pieces are very high end. This is just the first piece that I would consider in the realm of "haute" horology. Limited run, boutique company. To me that made the purchase very special.

Reactions: Me116

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strangely enough one of my favorite pieces of this watch that just feels so quality is the Hermes strap. The leather is gorgeous with the perfect texture. It's so soft and pliable and comfortable but still thick and weighty. I want these straps on all my watches!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Personally, I'd say the Royal Oak is high end... But this is one awesome addition. Congrats!

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Lovely, thx for sharing!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I'm not trying to disparage any of my other watches, trusty me, I think the RO is one of the, if the best, sports watch of all time. For some reason this watch just feels beyond anything else I own/have owned. Maybe it's just me. Either way I love em all from this guy to my seiko. Watches are the best

·
Registered
4,060 Posts

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
OP...Great watch, they are impressive watches, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Congratulations Nick....what a beautiful addition to a stellar collection. Enjoy in the best of health and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Very nice! BTW I knew exactly what you meant when you used "haute" in the title making the distinction between high-end and Haute Horlogerie the latter being a sub-set of the former.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice! BTW I knew exactly what you meant when you used "haute" in the title making the distinction between high-end and Haute Horlogerie the latter being a sub-set of the former.
At least someone got it. Lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts