WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My first high end-ish watch - zenith

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  christianj 
#1 ·
I have been browsing this forum for some time, admiring the many different watches and as my first post I wanted to share my first purchase (in my budget anyway) which is hopefully appropriate for this section of the site.

Its a zenith el primero (4613) synopsis. Basic specs are frequency of 36,000 and a power reserve of 50 hours.

really hope you all like:

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to WUS and to the HEW sub-forum. Glad to see you here.

Nice watch. Not my taste aesthetically with the "gaping hole" in the dial (is that what they call "open heart?"), but still a watch for which I have great respect. I'm sure it'll serve you well and that you'll enjoy it. Wear it in good health.

All the best.

#8 ·
Zenith is a great name to start your collection with. Just as an aside, my local watch repairman is in the process of restoring a Zenith pilot watch from 1918. It was really a converted pocket watch, so it's perfect for the contemporary market with a very nice wrist presence. It's the coolest thing, and if I had the $1,200ish that he'll be asking for it, I'd scoop it up the day he puts it out for sale!

But remember, price means nothing. The only thing that matters is if you love your watch. Period. Whether it cost $50 or $50,000, if you don't love it then you wasted your money.

Congratulations, and welcome! Thanks for posting the great pics. The watch I wear every day has an open heart, and it definitely passes the "love test" :)

#10 ·
Yes I am a big fan of Zenith too. I badly want to add an El Primero to my collection one day.

Like Tony I'm not a huge fan of 'open heart' dials but that's what makes your watch even more interesting. I will polarise views and be a great discussion piece (I find my La Tradition has the same effect).

#11 ·
Thanks for the kind comments all.

i totally appreciate the watch won't be to everyone's tastes but as has been said it's about what the owner likes ultimately and I loved it since I first saw it released this year at Basel world.

This is website though is like a candy shop mind so many watches that I see I would love to go out and buy.

Hopefully with itch the next few bonuses I can treat myself and get a fully fledged high end piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.