WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post!

I’ve always been a fan of watches and have had a Tissot prc200 auto for about 6 years. I also wear a Seiko daily. However, I have always lusted after a classic diver that can be something to use, treasure, service and keep for years.

After a a bit of a clear out and selling a few things I decided to do some research and “invest” the money in an Omega. I toyed with Tag Heuer (new) but really had my heart set on a submariner or Seamaster.

I looked at many quite battered and questionable watches on the internet but I’m pretty good on eBay and eventually came across a recent listing of the one I bought. I love Bond and was born in the 90s so it all seemed to fit too. I love the classic design, the workmanship, the timelessness, the history, the luxury qualities.

Here it is! It arrived today complete with box and papers. It is excellent for its age but not perfect obviously. I’m now worried about wearing it and accidentally damaging/scratching it but I suppose I’ll gradually get used to wearing it often? But not daily. How do you wear you Omega? My uncle has a Navitimer World (maybe 10 years old) he was all the time, regardless of what he’s doing!
EF5E198E-759E-488F-BABD-D7A9CBC0718D.jpeg 267F4DF0-6010-4929-BEF7-1ED2B150A7EA.jpeg B504F1EA-BDCF-4C4C-BD2D-5495B5FEBDF2.jpeg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Beautiful. I’m a Bond fan too, and always wanted an omega. I have a PO now and a speedmaster is arriving today. It can be addicting. All of my watches are tools and do not own any dress watches. That being said, I will definitely remove a nice watch when doing really abusive or risky things. For instance, I no longer wear nice watches when mountain biking. Not that the biking is harmful, but the crashing can be hazardous, especially if you are as uncoordinated as I. This doesn’t stop me from wearing my watches most of the time though. Great first nice watch purchase. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yes, I think I do need to wear it semi regularly otherwise what’s the point. I’d like it to accompany me through life’s ups and downs for years to come.

Hope you’re pleased with the imminent speedmaster.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congrats! The Seamasters been around for quite awhile but was always a sleeper to me. I have a 5 and 6 digit Rolex Sub and a PO. I recently purchased a 2006 SMP and its immediately became one of my favorites. I call it interesting as I can't stop admiring everything about it, dial, hands, bezel, case shape and bracelet. The Rolex Subs have nothing over this piece and it's so comfortable on the wrist. It's making me take a harder look at my collection being that it's been getting most of my wrist time since I've had it and is my first choice as my top travel piece. Enjoy!!..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congratulations, fantastic watch!

I too began with a Tissot PRC200, then being a Bond fan also, bought the 2551.80 (midsize) as my first foray into Omega. Wear it well, the midsize wears very nicely.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Good pick up. A classic watch. You chose well if your other consideration was a Tag Here. Have a dig round youtube for videos on those things. I quite like a couple of them but youre not getting much for your money and theyre dogs to sell if you do tire of them. With the Omega, if youre worried about damaging it, dont be. Theyre indestructible. My partner uses hers all the time so its a beater. And she's tough on things. She will wear it everywhere, gardening, swimming work etc. She's super clumsy so hardly a day goes by without me hearing metal clanging on doors/tables etc. You would really have to go some to break that watch. Its a perfect daily wearer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congratulations and great choice! My first foray into ‘luxury’ (basically anything over $500 for me) watch was that exact model also. The 36mm quartz models are underrated so many good deals are around still.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did with mine!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Congrats on the smp! My first nice watch was the same as this---purchased new in 2005. Still have it in fact.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts