WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had a goal in life, even if for vanity reasons, to own a Rolex Submariner and have an American Express. I am not sure why, just something I have always wanted. A few years ago I purchased an Explorer II. I enjoyed the watch for a couple months, but was not satisfied because of the white face. Since then I have tried an Omega, a Breitling, and some other cheaper watches. I finally took the bait and purchased a no date (14060m) on here about a week ago. I got in the mail and boy, is it nice. However, now I find myself wanting something like a Deep Sea or regular Sea Dweller, maybe even a GMT. Do I have a problem haha? The watch I purchased is beautiful and has had a red Yachtmaster second hand installed as well

. IMG_7512.jpg

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Congratulations! You can't beat the Submariner. I love mine. I like the look of the red Yachtmaster second hand as well. It's a nice splash of color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
Haha I always thought I was the only one on here with a flipping problem! I've gone through about 5 Rolexes in the span of a year. Finally decided to keep my 16600 seadweller I just acquired. Perfect weight, size and style. Nothing in rolex' line beats it IMO. Congrats on the 14060m, I had one of those as well :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Haha I always thought I was the only one on here with a flipping problem! I've gone through about 5 Rolexes in the span of a year. Finally decided to keep my 16600 seadweller I just acquired. Perfect weight, size and style. Nothing in rolex' line beats it IMO. Congrats on the 14060m, I had one of those as well :p

My favorite Rolex and and one I would get if I was in the market.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same. I used to think that one day I'd buy the Explorer 2, wear it everyday, then someday pass it on to my kid if I ever have one. It took about 7 months to commit and buy it. I was in love... For two weeks. From never having a single Rolex, I've managed to flip the following within little over a year:
The 216570 Polar, OP 39 Rhodium, Sub No Date 114060, and I'm currently enjoying my OP 36 White Grape. The sickest part is that I find myself wanting the 216570 with the black dial.

You are not alone.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You're definitely not the only one with a flipping problem! I've bought and sold the same reference a couple of times because I miss whatever I had. It would probably cost me less if I just kept them. Lol.

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
That's a great looking Sub, congratulations.
Here is my DSSD, it's an awesome piece of kit......get one! :-!

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
It sounds like part of the problem may have been that your stated goal was to own a submariner. Your first watch may not have really fulfilled you.

Though now that you've achieved your goal, I'd suggest that setting a new one is healthy. Whether it is for a watch or whatever. It's the nature of ambition and that's a good thing.

I like the red hand. I've never seen that before.

If you fancy another dice watch the 16600 as others have suggested is fantastic. Think of it as the manifestation of a Rolex on steroids. Stronger, slightly more muscular. But still streamlined and sophisticated. Another good option is the successor seadweller, the 116600. I own one myself and absolutely adore it.

If you fancy something a bit different, the GMT is an all around winner.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I started with wanting a Submariner, but due to (lack of sufficient) funds I actually bought a Tag. Decent watch, good starter. I also developed a love for Breitling, and bought a Colt Auto. Decided I still wanted the Rolex. So I sold the Tag, but still lacked sufficient funds, so I settled on an Omega Seamaster as "good enough". Eventually tired of the Breitling and sold it, but enjoyed the Omega. Recently, after several years, was finally able to pick up the Sub (no date ceramic.) Still have the Omega, but now that I have the Rolex, I find two sport watches seem redundant, and am looking for something dressier. I am very fond of the classic Datejust 36, and am sure down the road will flip the Omega to help purchase the datejust.

I do really like the Sub, the only drawback being that it is rather heavy, and becomes slightly uncomfortable if I wear it all day.

Congrats on your purchase, it's very nice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats on the Sub! I really enjoy the clean look of the no date too. I was contemplating a 14060 myself...couldn't really find a deal I liked, and so recently bought a 216570 Polar, which I just always loved the look of. I have the same flipping issue as others though. Only two months ago, I bought a 1990 16710 Coke and thought that would be something to cap my acquisition tendencies for a bit. Nope... It is a fun game we play with these watches, isn't it!?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts