WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my first Kobold watch the other day, “the SEAL” unfortunately the band did not fit my wrist so I ordered a new one. I spent about an hour looking at all the different types always going back to that brown, (Which I love because it is different). However, in the end, I ordered a black band which I feel looks as good as the brown. I have enclosed two photos of my new baby, with the black band…

ok.. it will not let me upload the second photo... Ugh!!!! so here is just one....o|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Congrats on acquiring the Kobold Seal - an excellent watch (a wee bit of bias, as it is my favourite watch).

Wear it in good health for many years to come.

James

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I'm with James in the bias department, but I'll chime in anyway and say congrats on a terrific watch -- definitely my favorite. Oh, and if you're into the strap thing, you might want to check out Shane Delaurian's site (www.delaurian.com). That nut can craft pretty much any strap you can imagine, and he seems to specialize in ginormous dive watches. I ordered a Stitchless Black Widow from him, and it's just about the perfect leather strap for the watch. Of course if you're still partial to brown, he can do that for you as well...

Oddly, even though I have the s/s bracelet, the aforementioned custom Delaurian, the OEM Kobold brown leather strap, and a nice silicone dive strap (the latter two courtesy of James), I find that I wear my SEAL on a black NATO most of the time now. I dunno why, but I love the way it looks on that thin piece of nylon. Strange.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just got my first Kobold watch the other day, “the SEAL” unfortunately the band did not fit my wrist so I ordered a new one. I spent about an hour looking at all the different types always going back to that brown, (Which I love because it is different). However, in the end, I ordered a black band which I feel looks as good as the brown. I have enclosed two photos of my new baby, with the black band…

ok.. it will not let me upload the second photo... Ugh!!!! so here is just one....o|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations on your new watch, A great choice. May I ask, was the original strap to short? do you have a large wrist? I always have problems getting straps or bracelets to fit my 8 1/4" wrist.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Oddly, even though I have the s/s bracelet, the aforementioned custom Delaurian, the OEM Kobold brown leather strap, and a nice silicone dive strap (the latter two courtesy of James), I find that I wear my SEAL on a black NATO most of the time now. I dunno why, but I love the way it looks on that thin piece of nylon. Strange.

Regards,
Adam[/quote]

I agree with you about a NATO strap for my SEAL. I have an olive green one and a sand colored one on the way. I tried the bracelet - and I do like it - but it's a bit much on my 7" wrist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts