WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I will be getting my first "real" watch this for my birthday this December!

I considered getting a watch that is more dressy/classic, but figured since this will be my first watch I should go with something that would be my "everyday" watch and so I decided to go for a dive watch =)

The three watches I am currently considering are the Tudor Heritage Black Bay, Omega Seamaster diver (22208000) and a used IWC Aquatimer. I've only gotten the chance to try out the Seamaster in person and I really like it, but I will be trying the other two soon. I also love the Alpina Seastrong with burgundy bezel but unfortunately it's Quartz only.

I am open for other suggestions or your opinion on which of these 3 you think I should get (and WHY).

Conditions:
- Must cost less than or around 3000 euros.
- Should be able to wear it on most occasions and as an everyday watch
- Must be available at European retailers (I live in Egypt so it's close and I get almost 20% VAT refunded)
- I have no problem looking at divers from Micro watch makers but it has to be a good quality watch of course.
- Automatic movement only (obviously)
- I'm not much of a fan of black bezels but I still don't mind looking at your suggestions
- If there's a diver with in-house movement at that price point then great! If not it's not a dealbreaker (the 3 I'm looking at right now dont have in-house movements)
- Chronometer isn't necessary
- Not too large please

·
Registered
11 Posts
My vote goes to an IWC if you can find one in good condition for that price, less known brand in dive circles and more subtle.

The alpina would be a definite no for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
my 1st choices would be the Aquatimer. and 2nd is the Alpina (kind of unique).

good luck Hunting

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i know you said you want to get something in time for your birthday but I wouldn't set a hard deadline if that possible.

the best advice is to look through the WRUW threads here and elsewhere and do a ton of looking and research. and if there are good stores in your city as well, take advantage of it and check them out. you never know that grabs your eye.

don't rush to buy something though...that's a common mistake in this hobby.

of the four listed, i'd probably go for the Aquatimer but to warned that that watch wears bigger on the wrist. what is your wrist size, btw?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts