WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm Finally getting around to posting this. I've been occupied with school and work and whatnot (Plus as my username implies, I'm lazy) but anyway, here it is.
I own a couple of Torgoen Pilot watches already however, those are both quartz so I finally decided I needed a watch with a mechanical movement and this Is the one I decided to order.
It's a Junkers 6664-2.
Heres a few quick stats for you:

• movement Cal. 821A, mechanic, self-winding, 21 jewels
  • crystal exhibition back
  • black dial with white luminous digits / indices SuperLuminova and silver colored Junkers apply
  • stainless steel case, satined
  • diameter: 40 mm, Height: 12 mm, weight: 75 g
  • water-resistant up to 5 atm
NOTE: I am going to apologize ahead of time for the mediocre picture quality. Being in college undoubtedly means I don't have enough to buy a quality camera. Even If I did have the money for a camera, I'd probably spend it on a watch anyway :p

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg
The Movement is mildly decorated.

IMAG0207.jpg

It came In a simple black box of good construction.

IMAG0209.jpg
The inside of the box had the instructions, warranty card, and it also had this interesting corrugated metal feature to it which I believe Is a notable feature of old Junkers airplanes and in some of their watches.
IMAG0201.jpg

All in all I'm very happy with it :D I considered getting something like a Seiko 5 for my first auto however I never truly loved any of the designs. I decided to pay more and get something that I really loved the look of and I am glad I did. The fit and finish is quite nice, and I cant stop watching the sweeping second hand :) Oh! I almost forgot, I ordered from Longislandwatch.com They answered all of my emails very promptly the shipping was timely and a pleasure to order from.

·
Registered
21,050 Posts
Looks good! Even the yesterday-today-tomorrow-maybe date wheel isn't that bad on this watch, perhaps because the rest of the dial is relatively understated, it doesn't clutter it up much. Wear it in good health!

Reactions: Lazycollegekid

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Looks good! That's a solid looking step into mechanical watches!

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Congrats! It's a really attractive riff on the flieger-style watches, without being a direct copy. I love the splash of red, and I agree that the three-date window looks good. I think Junkers often gets overlooked as a really interesting brand that makes cool designs (3133 chronos, Bauhaus-style watches, and pilot-flieger style interpretations).

What's the band like? For something beefier, perhaps a riveted pilot style? Flieger - 20mm Black Calf - 20mm Straps - Width - Crown and Buckle (I'm not affiliated with C&B, but I do own this pilot style strap, and it is certainly beefy!)

Too bad that this watch doesn't have a sapphire crystal, and it also sometimes bothers me when watchmakers don't admit the source of their movements (the rotor says "fine German wristwatch, even though the movement is Japanese), but it's a beautiful entry piece, and I hope you enjoy it.

Let us know what you think about the quality and timekeeping in a few months!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The band is of pretty good quality however the only thing I don't like about it is that it uses a deployment clasp sort of thing such as you would normally find on a steel bracelet. I had never used a leather band with a clasp before and I've decided its not my cup of tea xD But I suppose that is simply my personal preference really. Thank you Perdendosi I was looking at getting a Hirsch Liberty or something of the like but I really like what you linked with the rivets like that, I might end up going that route.

·
Registered
21,050 Posts
I have a Hirsch Liberty in 24mm. One of my favorite aftermarket straps. With a watch like that, a riveted strap would look great.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Just wanted to echo what everyone else is saying, if you're going to change the strap a riveted pilot strap would look perfect.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Everyone... Riveted Strap It Shall Be!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a nice clean looking dial! It looks great on your wrist! Congrats on your Junkers!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
welcome aboard ! awesome selection ya got there my friend :-!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts