WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought this:

http://www.............com/productshow-1002-17.html

I bought the last one...went out of stock when I purchased. Seemed like a bargain for $65.

I am thinking I might want to buy a new strap for it. Can someone reccomend where to get one, and also...how hard is it to change out the straps?

I am considering perhaps a nicer rubber strap...but I'd like to keep the leather one for nicer occasions. Would it be feasible to swap back and forth?

Edit: odd, my link got censored? man.bush.ijie was reccomended to me here...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just bought this:

I bought the last one...went out of stock when I purchased. Seemed like a bargain for $65.

I am thinking I might want to buy a new strap for it. Can someone reccomend where to get one, and also...how hard is it to change out the straps?

I am considering perhaps a nicer rubber strap...but I'd like to keep the leather one for nicer occasions. Would it be feasible to swap back and forth?

Your link's not working OP. You might want to quote the lug width too - to help us make suggestions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The name of the site I bought from keeps getting censored, not sure why. But here's the details on the watch:

Brand: Parnis
MOVEMENT: sea-gull Power Reserve automatic
CASE DIAMETER: 43 mm without crown
THICKNESS: 14mm
DIAL COLOR: white dial with blue number
CASE MATERIAL: Brushed Solid 316L Stainless Steel case with polished bezel
BRACELET: genuine Leather Strap
FRONT GLASS: scratch proof mineral glass
BACK GLASS: Display Caseback with detailed engraving
Clasp type: Normal Tang Buckle
Hack movement: yes
OTHER REMARKS:
Power Reserve at 2 o’clock
Dat at 10:00 o’clock

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Just bought this:

He is a recommended seller but he is not a sponsor of this forum. There is also a lot of SPAM that surrounds his name and some other sellers so the WUS staff have arbitrarily blocked the direct seller name and links to their sites/auctions.

It is always best to link or post just the picture of the watch. Taht way folks can get a better understanding of what you are talking about :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is a recommended seller but he is not a sponsor of this forum. There is also a lot of SPAM that surrounds his name and some other sellers so the WUS staff have arbitrarily blocked the direct seller name and links to their sites/auctions.

It is always best to link or post just the picture of the watch. Taht way folks can get a better understanding of what you are talking about :)
Thanks for the explination. Had me kind of worried about buying from the site.

I'm trying to decide what kind of strap would look good on it. I have a preference against leather. Was thinking maybe a textured rubber strap, but not sure.

Here's a picture:

3.jpg

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Thanks for the explination. Had me kind of worried about buying from the site.

I'm trying to decide what kind of strap would look good on it. I have a preference against leather. Was thinking maybe a textured rubber strap, but not sure.

Here's a picture:

View attachment 1194254
Other than a leather strap; I can't imagine this watch on anything else except maybe a bracelet; maybe a 'Jubilee' or 'Oyster' style as anything heavier would look out of sorts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have this watch OP:
wruwt parnis1.jpg
The glass is coated and the watch face colour changes subtly in light - from white to a slightly yellowish lovely antique white. Mine came on a brown leather strap, which seems decent quality for a Chinese. The brown suits it - it's a classic slightly olde worlde looking watch. I have seen them on tan crocodile pattern and they look good on that too. If I was looking for an alternative, I might go for a shark mesh steel. A dark blue stitch on black might look good too - but if it's too light or bright it might IMO look wrong.

But that's my taste. I think many people get their inspiration for straps from browsing the many "What are you wearing.... " "Show us your...." type threads on here - where it's possible to see a range of watches and strap combinations.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Check out the 'Show me your Parnis Portuguese straps' post. Not exactly the same watch, but the same 'family', so size and colours are the same.

IMO it looks great on grey leather, or light brown. In The Netherlands the light brown is called Cognac. Don't really like it on nylon nato, but I've seen other people pulling it off, so in the end it's whatever floats your boat :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the watch and really like it. Going to try the normal strap for a bit then decide if I want to change it out.

A couple of notes:

Watch looks way better in person than in pictures. The comment about the white looking antique is spot on.
Manbush ships these things to last through a world war. In a styrofoam box wrapped in bubble wrap.
The leather strap is seriously stiff at first. Its like solid and doesn't want to bend, but working it a bit makes it much better.
Seems to be keeping very good time. Will benchmark it in a few days.

The only thing that surprised me and I'm not sure I like is the 14mm thickness. I guess I just didn't realize how thick 14mm is. Its pretty thick. Not bad...but noticable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts