WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 years of lust, I have finally purchased my first Omega. I labored over the decision between watches as this is a watch I plan to keep the rest of my life.

When I was 11, my mother died of breast cancer and left my brothers and I some money. After investing some of it and using some for my college education, I decided to spend some on myself, so I wanted something that everytime I used it, it would remind me of her. Therefore this is a watch I will never part ways with.

I initially liked the speedmaster day date but the more I read about the history of the speedmaster, I couldn't pass up owning such a historic piece.

I have already bought a NATO for it and am planning to buy a rally strap and deployment clasp before the end of the year. Unfortunately, I'm already plotting my next Omega purchase. I made sure to buy this one new, but will go used for my next one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369979521.523705.jpg

·
Registered
12,013 Posts
That's a beautiful story Jeff. The sentimental value of that watch will soar. a real heirloom piece too :)

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your Omega in the very best of health.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Congratulations on your Speedy Jeff. It certainly is a great choice given your touching back story. Wear it with a smile.

Nigel

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Congrats Jeff and great to read the money never went to waste education and now this. Its a great piece to own and still looks fresh design today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations! It looks fantastic... wear it in good health :)

Speedy acquisition posts never get old...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Congratulations with the most attractive watch there is. One can easily find them cheaper, more expensive, more elegant, bigger, smaller lighter etc. - but no other watch will be as fantastic as the Speedmaster. Like you I will always keep mine!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. I'm really excited about it and love having it on my wrist every day. Excited about throwing some other straps on it now too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great story and congrats!! The first "real" watch I put some bonus money down on (1998) was for a Seamaster Chrono 300m. Ill never sell it. Lots of other guys in the office bought Rolex subs but I loved the spirit of adventure Omega represented. Well done.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Congratulations. Great choice for an heirloom and a reminder of your Mum.
Good to hear you're already planning no.2 as well. :)

·
Premium Member
8,412 Posts
Thanks for sharing that touching story! One great tribute to your dear Mum.

Seems that the Speedy 3750.50 has some sentiment attached to it for a lot of people. In my case, watching the moon landing with my Dad in 1969:

Enjoy that fantastic watch!

Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congrats, wear it in good health. I will never part with mine either.

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Dude's speedposting, he doesn't really care about the context

Reactions: JvTrinh
1 - 19 of 19 Posts