WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't know if this is a franken-watch or not but it seems like everything checks out. Definite aging on the dial, 354 bumper movement with a serial number of 1366xxxx on it. Not sure if it was worth the money ($400), but it's a start. Same exact watch is here for $895: Omega Seamaster 1952 so hopefully, I did good. I won't feel badly if someone wiser than me say I didn't though. This is all a learning experience. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, but I cheated. It was restored by Omega in Bienne a couple of years ago. It used to look like this:
Whoa, that's a big difference! Mind if I ask what it roughly cost? How was the experience? Thanks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Prices are listed on Omega's website. Now, many will advise against sending it to Bienne, since a local watchmaker can probably do it for a third of that price. I saw it as spending the cash needed for a modern ETA based gold-tone and getting instead a factory refreshed Omega gold-top from the classic era.

I believe they took six months to do it, coordinated it through my local AD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
congratulations! My first omega was a 1952 cal354 GF thick lugged seamaster too, yours is prettier though.

If your dial isn't orignal it's a darn fine job at redialing (I haven't seen enough black dialed ones to say for sure, but most of the obvious signs, basic font type, flat top a in automatic, coat hanger s, gold scrip on a black dial are correct) One of the more experinced guys can give a better answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.