WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! :)

I just got my first Patek, after long time discussion with friends finally I decide for 5980R which I think is really beautiful.

I really thankful for friends whom helped me to get this baby, it's pretty difficult to get this in these days.

The Patek boutique experience is really unforgettable for me, and I feel I'm blessed I can experience it.

After quite long hunt finally I got a good deal for this baby, then I rush to buy plane ticket to fly to where the boutique is.... arrived in night time, slept at Airport Hotel (which apparently quite good hotel!), then the next day morning I impatiently woke up, took a bath, then rushed went to the boutique.... and here's the boutique....

My heart started to beat faster :) :)

Then I entered the boutique (I'm the first customer come, it's still early morning), the door keeper asked my name and whom I want to meet, I said I'm Peter Gunny, then he said "come in, your watch awaiting for you...." Then I saw a small brown carton box with Patek Phillipe written, and also sticker with my name written on side.

I can saw the watch inside thru the small plastic window, sealed (they called it "double sealed"), and sit nicely.... here it is...

I opened the box and see what is "double sealed" closer....

....its like a vacuum pack!

Then the boutique staff asked me, "do you want to cut the seal by yourself or you let me helped you to cut it"? since it's my first Patek experience then I told him to cut the seal for me.
After he took out the watch he gave the baby to his new daddy :)

Holaaaa! good morning daddy! :) :)

I'm sooo happy!

THen the boutique staff asked me to write my name on the certificate.....

Sooo happy! this is boutique experience of

I wear it with super joy

have a good food with it... 2 whole lobster, halves (means 4 tails), in thai curry sauce... yummy :) :)

try to shoot a cannon in Victoria Harbour towards HK island.... just jokin :) :)

sitting in garden... look at my ugly belly...

night at hotel room, with cigar n beer...

Then the day after bring all back home, and took photo of the whole set...

...driving with it in the morning...

took photo at night...

Just happy, so happy. The end :)

Enjoy guys! :-!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Beautiful

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Congratulations! It's a beautiful piece and I really enjoyed the narrative. I like the fact that you devoted an entire day to the actual acquisition, it'll make a great story and lend a special sentimental value to the watch.

The big question is will you keep the strap or replace it with one of you're own masterpieces?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congrats on the new Patek. Looks nice.

Reactions: petergunny

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
That is one incredible watch. It was on my wishlist for some time before too. Big congratulations and only other wis can understand flying to an AD to pick up a watch. Great story & watch!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Wow! Amazing post, amazing watch! One of the best "unboxing" threads I've read in a while. Congratulations of your new Patek!

~Sherry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stunningly beautiful! Congratulations and "Thank you!" for sharing the moment.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Great post, super watch!

I also like you user name - being an old time TV fan I've been wondering how you picked that one - now I know!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sounds like a great day to remember. Comgratulations.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats! There is nothing like buying a watch a brand boutique like that, truly an experience!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I want to take the slow train and stop at the Grand Seiko station and the JLC station on my way to Patek Grand Central, but unboxings like these make me want to take the express train to Patek.

Awesome pick up! Congrats on your new purchase. :p :-!

·
Registered
130 Posts
What a beauty. I hope to have one myself some day!
Enjoy it!

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Wicked! Great watch and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 83 Posts