WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been interested in wristwatches only so far.
But lately I had a weak moment and placed a bit on a pocket watch.
I like it very much, but I have no information about it.
I would guess it's from sometime around 1930. Could somebody confirm or correct that. It would be of course even better, if someone could Identify the brand of the watch or the movement.
Here are some pics:

Thanks,

Axel

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,206 Posts
I would agree, in many ways it looks like a thirties PW. The movement looks a little like a Cortebert PW movement (compare http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?00&ranfft&0&2uswk&Cortebert_526 - the exact shape of the bridges and cocks don't match but the general structure is very similar and slight differences for the same calibre were not unknown in the Swiss watch industry).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Agree with Hartmut and you that it's a 1930s 15 jewel Swiss model. It looks rather generic so I don't think we'll get an exact identification, unfortunately. This is often the case with Swiss pocket watches from the 20th century.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I,m not sure of the movemement either.
I only read and post from home and have all my reference books at work.
The case is from Rodi & Weinberger, a quality German maker (they also made a wide range of excellent quality metal watchbands, including the Fixoflex).
John

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I guess that would make the possible scenario for a German movement quite possible then. It does look similar to a Junghans movement.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,206 Posts
Yep - not 100% but it does seem to be a closer match! Goes to prove two things:

1. There are only so many ways to design a watch movement.

2. You can never know enough about watch movements to know them all!!!

Hartmut Richter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts