WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It arrived, won a bid and I have to say it really is just a good looking watch.

face.jpg

Not really looking to do a review or anything, more just sharing.

side on ground.jpg

The effect is known to be able to rub off which was my bigger worry, but the auction photos looked decent

other side on ground.jpg

Mainly you can see a little erosion of the graphics on the strap

strap.jpg

But with the colors on the display, this is just sharp

adjust side bezel.jpg

I like the 6100 module in general both in looks and sunrise/sunset features (it figures them out)

light side bezel.jpg

In September 2002 this set of 5 watches came out. All hot. I can't imagine what it was like for the G-Shock collector as I believe no one guessed these were coming out.

DW-6100CF-8JF.png

DW-6100CF-3.jpg

DW-5600CF-2JF.png

DW-5600CF-8JF.png

And of course, the frog

addictfrog.jpg

Not beating around the bush here, these watches prove that If you find a watch you like and intend to keep and it has graphics on the resin, get a spare set. I can't imagine trying to locate resin now after 10 years.

I know wrist shot or it didn't happen b-)

wrist shot.jpg

Very happy and lucky with this one. :-!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Very nice, great looking watch. I wouldn't mind this or 5600 python. They are just so rare though, not many for sale.

Enjoy wearing it :)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Such a small community spread out over the world. Awesome find Chris. Oh that Frog.

Mamma

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Crater!

@Shakir: possibly, got it on yahoo Japan. Nice pickup yourself!

@Canonman: thank you! And you are absolutely correct, which is why I enjoy WUS so much :cool:

sent with aloha

·
Registered
978 Posts
Great pickup Chris! The Pythons are very addictive. Been resisting adding a 6100 to the collection but you never know ;-)

Here's my NOS 5600CF and grail 200CF

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368789132.472615.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368789422.178563.jpg

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Awesome. Probably cant find replacement resin but maybe similar color sharpies would cover up the bare spots. Not sure how that would work, just a thought. I have a black 6100 I bought new when they came out, the thermometer is amazingly accurate off the wrist and you can input an offset to compensate for body temp that worked really well for me. I remember being totally amazed at the modules functions when I first bought it.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@Feisar: Thank you! And I really do like this series. Yours are really impressive :cool: I am considering the squares as well. Completely depends on opportunities that come up.

@greg: thank you, yes I enjoy the 6100 series as well. And find the pythons particularly attractive. They don't seem bad on the resin rot issue which is a nice change for me :beer:

@JonL: thank you.

Just so happens I won #2 as well! Not sure how far I'll take this set as that frog is just big dollars these days :eek:

Sellers photo (I'm guessing the grey one is the better looking of these two).

sent with aloha

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
you actually can find resin for the 5600s in yahoo auctions Japan. I use to have a black and blue 5600 camo, but got rid of them and I do miss them. You also forgot the green 5600 python.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you ccm and g-fob!

@Fer: so there were 3 5600's? I could only find 2.

sent with aloha

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
uploadfromtaptalk1368858028049.jpg

Crap you guys! This set is hot. If I can find a way on the frog . . . .

sent with aloha

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Not sure if I should tell you, and not sure if these are part of the same series, but there are also the GW-5600CFJ, which are much harder to find than the DW-5600CF, and what is cool about the cfj is the strap is a leather/nylon with a camo patter. The white one, obviously, has no camo. About 6 months ago somone posted all 3 NOS, but they all sold for 200+ each.

GW-5600CFJ-1JF.png

GW-5600CFJ-7JF.png

GW-5600CFJ-9.jpg

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Such a butthead Fer! As I don't think these are as cool as the "pythons" proper, I am going to ignore these 3. For now . . .

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Such a butthead Fer! As I don't think these are as cool as the "pythons" proper, I am going to ignore these 3. For now . . .
Hahaha I like the absolute followed by uncertainty. So soon as well.

That folks may be a record breaking crumbling of resolve.

They look so good, and presumably much more durable than the painted resin bands?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts