WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My First REAL watch. Here. Now.

1K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Split Second 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Yesterday my dad, tired of seeing me buy countless $5 US crap watches that died after 2 months, gave me this...

A Seiko 5 Sports Automatic, model 7S36-00A0. He's had it for years, but he has a Rolex now. He's kept it in a watch box, just in case.

I'm here now, sitting & looking at it, and I'm thinking, "I am a lucky gal!"

I guess this is my entrance into the world of timepieces, as opposed to the world of watches....

Wow.
:)

#8 ·
Nice watch and welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: LadyTime
#14 · (Edited)
This thread put me in a sentimental mood so I felt like sharing a couple of heirlooms passed down to me. The Bulova on the left was my father's who passed away in 1973 when I was 5 years old. The Hamilton pocket watch was my grandfather's, then my father's, then my big brother's who gave it to me not long before he passed in 2006. Took these with my cell so sorry the quality isn't the best.

Attachments

#18 ·
Oh my goodness...those look fantastic...especially the pocket watch...THOSE are keepers, for sure! Haven't seen many Hamilton pocket watches...most of them were wristwatches, from what I've seen. (I've been a watch lover before I came here, but my dad's just lit a match to flare it up now!)

My next target will be a Citizen, or another Seiko...but I'll just have to find on that resonates with me...I'm quirky that way...but a pocketwatch would be nice to have as well, if unusual for a girl.

#23 ·
Hello and welcome :)

Very lucky to recieve such a lovely watch.
I wish there were people in my familly who enjoyed real watches and would gift me one :p But alas, just me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.