WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I almost exclusively lurk here and on other watch forums, but I've finally takin the plunge and bought my first true watch. I was supposed to have purchased a Kobold Endurance II from a member here and on TZ, but apparent lies and the risk turned me off to that deal, so I just ordered from watchbuys what I originally intended to (the only reason I decided to go for the Kobold was because of a rather striking deal). Said to arrive in 2-3 days:

Stowa Seatime ProDiver with rhodium dial and solid black hands!:) :)

I can hardly wait...any pictures to tide me over?;-) I'll post some of my beauty as soon as I can when it arrives!

Thank you WUS for helping me make this decision!!!:thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
congrats James :-! ! the Stowa PD is an outstanding watch.
i gave myself one for X-Mas and haven't worn another watch since.
make sure to post pix of yours when it arrives, i'm sure the Rhodium dial will look great.
but as requested, here's some pix to tide you over!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats,, from one lurker to another, i recently purchased an oris TT1, and i thought of it as my first real watch,,,,,,,,,,,,, wear it well

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tseely, IMHO, a true watch is anything better quality than the $80 Fossil quarts watches I've been living on thus far ;)

lauro, thank you for the pix! It looks to be such a fabulous watch; you're superb photographs help, I'm sure! I took a slight gamble with the rhodium because there are very few pictures of them around, but from the ones I have seen, it appears to be quite beautiful. And, I am attracted to the unique factor it holds :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! :-!

That is one awesome watch to start with....but beware...If you hang around here there will be many, many more.:-d

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pbillaa, thank you sir! The TT1 was another top contenders in my line up (regulator model), but in the end the lume, yes, you read that correctly, the powerful lume of the PD was what won me to its side. Wear yours well, too!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Al :) A limited budget will likely keep me from becoming as obses...passionate...about watches as many of the members here, but for now, I say Bring It Onb-)

edit: your profile happens to be related to my favorite movie - good choice:-!

·
Registered
370 Posts
tseely, IMHO, a true watch is anything better quality than the $80 Fossil quarts watches I've been living on thus far ;)

lauro, thank you for the pix! It looks to be such a fabulous watch; you're superb photographs help, I'm sure! I took a slight gamble with the rhodium because there are very few pictures of them around, but from the ones I have seen, it appears to be quite beautiful. And, I am attracted to the unique factor it holds :)
you're right James, the Stowa PD is unique. especially in it's case and dial\hand design. it has distinct styling cues not seen on your everyday diver...like the lines at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 markers or the massive Fricker case. it all comes together beautifully.
btw, i'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if for some reason you don't like the rhodium dial...contact Jorg Schauer at Stowa and you can do a dial swap. congrats again.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Just be sure to post pics when you receive it James, I'm really liking the Stowa Prodiver... but alas, as a student working part time I doubt I'd get it any time soon :-d

By the way, those are excellent shots Lauro :-!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Congrats James you will love the PD.
Here are a few pics of mine on bracelet, artus, strap, rubber.
Regards
Robt

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Starting out in fine style...

Congratulations, James! There really is nothing like taking the plunge for the first time and treating yourself to a quality mechanical watch. And while I'm the first to admit that the PD has never been my cuppa stylewise, there's no denying its quality, craftsmanship, and... LUME (I've seen the "night" shots, and you can read a book by it). It's also one of the most flexible watches out there, in that you can swap out bezels, dials and hands (so if that ruthy dial isn't doing it for you, replace it with a teal one). Above all, wear it in good health, and be sure to post some pics once it has arrived.

Of course, as Al G. pointed out, this is only the beginning.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Congrats James , maybe you should have started at the bottom end of the scale with some EBAY cheapo's, because now you have this whats next my man?? just kidding, Fantastic choice great watch, wear it in great health.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Congratulations, James! Stowa makes a great watch and the Stowa PD is a great diver! Enjoy! :-!

P.S.- Be sure to post some pics after its arrival. ;-)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Congrats. . .I have the same

Rhodium Prodiver with all black hands and it's probably my favorite diver

Took it with me on a warm weather vacation last month and wore it dor the week straight. It saw a lot of water and held up perfectly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Congrats. . .I have the same

Thank you all for the good wishes! I ordered it with 2 day shipping from watchbuys lastnight around 6pm, so I assume it'll be here on Friday. Can hardly wait!

No one has pictures of the rhodium? Weird that its so unpopular for how beautiful I've read it is and how it seems in the pictures...

·
6,880 Posts
Re: Congrats. . .I have the same

Congrats!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Congrats on the new watch!!! I've been stalking the Stowa recently. I've been looking for a watch with tritium tubes, but I haven't been able to find one that I like enought to buy yet, but the Stowa has really been lurking in my dreams of late. Please post up pics!

·
Registered
524 Posts
By the way, 3hospitals, what is that metal mesh looking strap you got there on the second pic? And where can I find them and how much do they run? It's very nice!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts