WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having performed time-keeping duties for me for the past twenty years, my trusty old Wenger Swiss Army field watch has finally been supplanted by my recent acquisition -- the Seiko SARX017 Presage. Since I had grown accustomed to the 37mm dial size of the Wenger quartz, I initially considered purchasing the SARB033, especially considering the glowing reviews and the fact that I don't particularly care for large-sized watches. While the SARB is certainly an attractive watch, I felt that it would be a bit dressy for day-to-day wear in my environs (I'm a photographer). Looking for something a tad sportier, I came across the SARX. Initially, I was a bit concerned about the larger 40mm dial versus the 38mm dial of the SARB, but I was quite happy to find that the SARX was the perfect size for my 6.75 inch wrist.

As many of you know, the SARX017 features a red-tipped second hand and comes with an alligator-grained, black leather band with a deployant clasp while the SARX015 features a plain second hand and comes with a steel bracelet. I found the Seiko-supplied strap to be way too large, as it would easily accommodate an 8-inch wrist. I then purchased a new Seiko SARX bracelet from online distributor for $66. In the meantime, I placed the Seiko on a Hadley-Roma oil tanned strap while I waited for the bracelet to arrive.

All in all, I am extremely happy with my Seiko purchase. The teak dial is subtle, yet adds a bit of flair to this handsome watch. The size is perfect for my wrist and I have been quite pleased with the accuracy shown by the movement thus far. Here is a wrist shot on the Hadley Roma strap:

DSC_0343.jpg

I initially had made this post about a week ago, but somehow the new thread did not appear. Since that time, the bracelet has arrived and is now in place on the watch. I feel that the bracelet fits well with the angular features of the case and lends a sportier look to the watch. More photos to come...

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
The versatility of the SARX017 has always amazed me by how it can be so sporty with its crown guards yet so classy with its pinstripe dial. Great first Seiko automatic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts