WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had one, keep seeing them, and figured why not join the club! After seeing this 100 anniversary model SRP455, this is the one that pushed me over the edge. Had to have it. The funny thing is I'm not a fan of gold, but the small hints used in this one really sang to me for some reason.

The bezel and gorgeous burst dial really ties it all up. My only gripe is that the strap should have been 20mm all the way through instead of tapering to a girly 18mm. I'm going to solve this issue with a 20mm blue isofrane and maybe get a nice custom leather for it as well.

If I could have this in 45mm with a 22mm strap it would make it the Ultimate Monster IMO.

Loaded up with pics below.

Enjoy.

·
6,887 Posts
Congrats Danny:-!

Could you take a few more photos....I'm not sure what it looks like...JK:-d

Seriously though....killer photos:-!

Cheers
Shannon

Reactions: Danny T

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
When I first saw this online my reaction was, eww!

But I recently saw it in person, and loved it, very impressed, beautiful watch! It even prompted me to start a thread on pics vs. real impressions..

Nice pictures Danny!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow! I'm not usually a huge fan of Monsters, but Wow!

I have to agree with you - I'm not a fan of gold, either, but it really works with the blue on the bezel. It looks like the bezel is an anodized aluminum. Is that correct? It really pops.

Awesome shots, too.

Great pick-up, Danny! Congrats.

(BTW: the date appears to be changing from 13th to 14th. Does it really start shifting an hour+ before midnight or is that a line-up issue?)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(BTW: the date appears to be changing from 13th to 14th. Does it really start shifting an hour+ before midnight or is that a line-up issue?)
Yeah I assume since it is a day date that the mechanism starts moving the number first and then the day of the week follows right after. It does switch completely over at midnight so it's fine. That is the first thing I check when I buy a new watch to make sure that the date switchover happens at the right time

Thanks to everyone for the 'thumbs up'

Danny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts