WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been admiring the U1 for a long time now and was finally in the position to scoop one up. My initial impressions are good. The watch feels great on a bracelet and extremely comfy on the rubber strap. It seems to gain about 4 seconds a day but I can totally live with that.

My only let down is the lume. The minute and hour hands look spotty in some area's. Like the hands didnt get a good even coating. Pretty disappointing as I am a lume freak. Anyone else expieriance this?

Anyway, here she is...

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club! I have had mine for a few weeks, and am loving everything about it.

As to your lume, I can only speak for mine but it is NOT as you describe. I have actually commented to my wife that I think the lume is excellent and seems to last well. It is not spotty in it's application and appears nice and even.

I'm sorry you may have an issue. You might consider sending it in to get checked if it becomes enough of a bother.

Best wishes and I hope you enjoy the watch.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the kind words and advice scm64.

I guess I can live with what I am seeing as far as the lume goes. The lume just looks dark in spots on the hands. After I charge it up, you can see very small darker spots on the hand where the rest of it is bright green glow.

I'll try to get some pics of this, but it might be tough.

Thanks again!

oh yea, my cat thinks the rubber strap is pretty darn comfortable too...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if these pictures will help or not, hard to get a good picture of what I am on about.

If you look close at the minute hand, in the middle of the hand the lume gets spotty and darker than the rest of the hand.

Is anyone else's U1 like this or am I just being picky?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
First off, congrats on the U1! I've had mine for almost a year now and couldn't be happier with it.

As to your lume question, I noticed the same thing on mine when I first opened it. The hands do appear to spotty in some areas, but I can tell you that this does not affect the lume performance overnight. The lume will not be as bright as an Omega or Seiko, but from my experience, the U1 keeps it's charge much longer. I have no problem reading the time 7-8 hours after turning the lights off. Sinn chose to use C1 superluminova instead of the brighter C3 luminova. This was most likely done because C1 luminova is whiter than C3 luminova which has a greenish tint to it. This creates a better contrast during the day on the U1. I appreciate it's legibility during the day at the cost of a slightly less bright lume.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your watch!

Ryan:-!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suckerforblockhands: thank you! i really really like this watch. pictures absolutely do not do this piece justice. i got it on a bracelet and ordered the rubber strap with small deployment on the side. love them both. the bracelet looks and feels awesome and the rubber strap even better!

thank you for the information about the lume. its very reassuring that others U1's are like that too. i was sweating if i got a bad one or not.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Congrats on your first Sinn. I have a U1 also and it is one of my favorites, even though the lume is not as bright as my Omegas.

Len

1 - 9 of 9 Posts