WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn’t planning to make another watch purchase for at least a few more months, but when my local jeweler posted this one for sale, I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I went to try it on and was pretty blown away. I feel very lucky to have been able to purchase this one, as there was a lot of interest in it and somehow I was able to sneak in and snag it!

Up until now, I genuinely never really saw the appeal of the “basic” 42mm Speedmaster lineup. Now I get it. And I’m getting it more and more. I feel like this model line has grabbed ahold of my damn soul. Furthermore, this one has a factory brown dial, which I think is extremely cool. I don’t see a lot of them posted (in fact not sure if I’ve ever seen one) and it is a bit subtle, so unless you really look, catch it in the right light, or know what you’re looking for, you’d probably just think it was another Speedmaster.

This is the reference 311.32.42.30.13.001. It has really opened my eyes to a few things that I didn’t understand yet about my own watch preferences. I thought I was a bracelet guy; this watch has changed that (I still like bracelets too). I thought I needed a bigger Speedmaster (one of the 44.25mm models); this watch has changed that too, although I’ll probably get one of the Master Chronometers in the future (the white dial Racing model really has my attention). I thought I would never own a manually wound watch; yup, changed that as well. I really didn’t expect to like a watch on a leather strap, but I’m finding that I really do. It really simplifies things, lightens things up, and let’s most of the focus remain on the watch. I’m now going down the strap rabbit hole too.

This is now also causing me to take a really hard look at the new Speedy models as well as the version prior. Not sure if I would go hesalite or another sapphire sandwich, but I feel like now I need a black dial! This is madness.

Please let me know your thoughts, questions, comments, etc. I am super excited about this little beauty. It’s got a ton of character and now I understand why everyone enjoys these so much. It’s cool to have so much history behind a model line and oh, another observation, legibility with these is tremendously good!

Here are some pics. It is hard to capture the brown dial. I’ll do better when we actually get some sun here in the Seattle area!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Beautiful!! Congrats!!

Well I know the feeling, I recently had my mind set on buying a new Seamaster and went home with a sapphire sandwich Speedy! It stole my heart the moment I put it on my wrist.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Congratulations on your ‘chocolate’ Speedy as I recall them being called when they first appeared. It’s a beauty!

Nigel

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful! The brown dial is cool
Agreed!

Looks like a winner!
Thank you!

Beautiful!! Congrats!!

Well I know the feeling, I recently had my mind set on buying a new Seamaster and went home with a sapphire sandwich Speedy! It stole my heart the moment I put it on my wrist.
Thank you! This one has me fat n happy for the time being, but I am now really enjoying learning more about Speedmasters, looking into custom straps, and I can see myself purchasing another towards the end of this year or maybe early 2022.

First brown dial that I’ve seen across the range. I think it’s wonderful!

Great catch

Thank you. I hadn’t seen any others either.

I didn’t even know there was a Speedmaster Professional with a brown dial. Looks amazing!
Me either. Thank you!

Congrats great choice! Definitely looking forward to some pics in the light to see that dial!
Thank you. This watch is incredibly hard to photograph. Even in the light, it is difficult to capture the brown dial. It goes from brown to black very quickly. I like the subtlety of it.

Brown

To black

Brown dial = badass...
Agreed!

Congratulations on your ‘chocolate’ Speedy as I recall them being called when they first appeared. It’s a beauty!

Nigel
Thanks Nigel! I’m a sucker for chocolatey goodness! Brown and chocolatey tones on watches, whether it be the dial or things like rose gold, just look so decadent!

Thank you!

Interesting Speedy. Congrats.
Thank you!

Kudos. This brown dial is uncommon and really nice.
Thank you. I feel fortunate to have found it.

And it matches your shoes.

Seriously, congrats and enjoy.
Indeed! Thank you.

Looks great, congrats!
Thanks!

Agreed!

·
Premium Member
6,680 Posts
Wow man, that is crazy pretty! Never seen a brown dial before, and that is good looking!

TBH, I have yet to see a speedy colour I DON’T like!

congrats, and wear it in good health!

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I wasn’t planning to make another watch purchase for at least a few more months, but when my local jeweler posted this one for sale, I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I went to try it on and was pretty blown away. I feel very lucky to have been able to purchase this one, as there was a lot of interest in it and somehow I was able to sneak in and snag it!

Up until now, I genuinely never really saw the appeal of the “basic” 42mm Speedmaster lineup. Now I get it. And I’m getting it more and more. I feel like this model line has grabbed ahold of my damn soul. Furthermore, this one has a factory brown dial, which I think is extremely cool. I don’t see a lot of them posted (in fact not sure if I’ve ever seen one) and it is a bit subtle, so unless you really look, catch it in the right light, or know what you’re looking for, you’d probably just think it was another Speedmaster.

This is the reference 311.32.42.30.13.001. It has really opened my eyes to a few things that I didn’t understand yet about my own watch preferences. I thought I was a bracelet guy; this watch has changed that (I still like bracelets too). I thought I needed a bigger Speedmaster (one of the 44.25mm models); this watch has changed that too, although I’ll probably get one of the Master Chronometers in the future (the white dial Racing model really has my attention). I thought I would never own a manually wound watch; yup, changed that as well. I really didn’t expect to like a watch on a leather strap, but I’m finding that I really do. It really simplifies things, lightens things up, and let’s most of the focus remain on the watch. I’m now going down the strap rabbit hole too.

This is now also causing me to take a really hard look at the new Speedy models as well as the version prior. Not sure if I would go hesalite or another sapphire sandwich, but I feel like now I need a black dial! This is madness.

Please let me know your thoughts, questions, comments, etc. I am super excited about this little beauty. It’s got a ton of character and now I understand why everyone enjoys these so much. It’s cool to have so much history behind a model line and oh, another observation, legibility with these is tremendously good!

Here are some pics. It is hard to capture the brown dial. I’ll do better when we actually get some sun here in the Seattle area!!

Looks to me like that first picture has captured the chocolatey goodness pretty well. 🤠👍 Happy Speedy Tuesday!!

René

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
That sure looks great! I have a sudden urge to go eat a bar of chocolate! Vance.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts