WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow man, that is crazy pretty! Never seen a brown dial before, and that is good looking!

TBH, I have yet to see a speedy colour I DON’T like!

congrats, and wear it in good health!
Thanks! Lots of awesome choices within the Speedy lineup.

Looks to me like that first picture has captured the chocolatey goodness pretty well. Happy Speedy Tuesday!!

René
Thank you. In the right light this thing just melts.

I haven't seen this model in a while and it only reminds me how nice it looks. Congrats, great pickup!
Thank you!

That sure looks great! I have a sudden urge to go eat a bar of chocolate! Vance.
Haha me too!

Now I’ve got a bit of a dilemma.. if I go the Omega strap route, do I go with dark brown alligator, or black alligator? Hmm.. the bezel on this sucker is black, but the dial is brown. Toughest decision I’ll have to make all year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks! Lots of awesome choices within the Speedy lineup.

Thank you. In the right light this thing just melts.

Thank you!

Haha me too!

Now I’ve got a bit of a dilemma.. if I go the Omega strap route, do I go with dark brown alligator, or black alligator? Hmm.. the bezel on this sucker is black, but the dial is brown. Toughest decision I’ll have to make all year!

I’ve always been a brown strap guy on the speedy. Since that dial changes depending on the light I think a nice brown strap will look great.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Congrats! That is a great pick up! I’ve looked at the brown before and thought it was very cool. Ended up with the albino dial, which is kinda cream color. But the brown and 50th anniversary black with a gold hippocampus logo are on my wish list.
As far as straps go, it will look great on ANYTHING... good luck with that addiction 😀

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’ve always been a brown strap guy on the speedy. Since that dial changes depending on the light I think a nice brown strap will look great.
I went with the dark brown alligator from Omega with their deployment clasp. Spendy, but it had to be done! It really completed the watch.

Thanks for the great pictures and congrats!
Absolutely! Thank you.

Congrats! That is a great pick up! I’ve looked at the brown before and thought it was very cool. Ended up with the albino dial, which is kinda cream color. But the brown and 50th anniversary black with a gold hippocampus logo are on my wish list.
As far as straps go, it will look great on ANYTHING... good luck with that addiction 😀
Thank you! I feel very fortunate to have found and picked this one up. Do you have reference numbers for the albino dial and the 50th anniversary black dial? I would like to check those out.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Wow nice grab on the brown dial! Very cool! Enjoy your new Speedy!

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Premium Member
3,972 Posts
Congrats on the Speedy. I went a long time not wearing mine, but kind of rediscovered it the past few weeks and started wearing it quite a bit. Forgot how much I liked it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I went with the dark brown alligator from Omega with their deployment clasp. Spendy, but it had to be done! It really completed the watch.

Absolutely! Thank you.

Thank you! I feel very fortunate to have found and picked this one up. Do you have reference numbers for the albino dial and the 50th anniversary black dial? I would like to check those out.
Here are reference #s for both:
50th anniversary 311.30.42.30.01.001
Italian albino (40th anniversary) 3593.20
Both different, but if i did go for the black dial, that golden hippocampus logo is the boss in my opinion.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow nice grab on the brown dial! Very cool! Enjoy your new Speedy!
Thank you. I have been enjoying it daily.

Congrats on the Speedy. I went a long time not wearing mine, but kind of rediscovered it the past few weeks and started wearing it quite a bit. Forgot how much I liked it.
Thank you. Right on. I didn’t even like the Speedmaster for quite a while. Just kind of thought it was a meh watch, but now I really appreciate the design and I am looking at picking up another.

Both different, but if i did go for the black dial, that golden hippocampus logo is the boss in my opinion.
Thank you. These look awesome!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That albino dial appears to be quite a rare bird.

I do agree that the 50th with the gold hippocampus is really cool.

Another one I really like the look of is the Speedy Tuesday model. Awesome dial and lume.

Are there any other white dial 42mm Speedmasters to check out? It doesn’t appear they have very many. I guess for a lighter dial I could also step up to a 44.25mm and get something like a Gray Side of the Moon.

·
Registered
877 Posts
That albino dial appears to be quite a rare bird.

I do agree that the 50th with the gold hippocampus is really cool.

Another one I really like the look of is the Speedy Tuesday model. Awesome dial and lume.

Are there any other white dial 42mm Speedmasters to check out? It doesn’t appear they have very many. I guess for a lighter dial I could also step up to a 44.25mm and get something like a Gray Side of the Moon.

There’s Alaska Project and of course Snoopy.

·
Registered
956 Posts
That’s a beauty. Go check out a 3861 Hesalite Speedy. You won’t regret it. I just picked one up today. As soon as the SA handed it over I was like “yes, please. Wrap it up”. It’s amazing. The bracelet is worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That’s a beauty. Go check out a 3861 Hesalite Speedy. You won’t regret it. I just picked one up today. As soon as the SA handed it over I was like “yes, please. Wrap it up”. It’s amazing. The bracelet is worth the price of admission.
Tried one on today in Vegas on the bracelet. I agree, it’s awesome! I want the sapphire version on bracelet as I like the applied logo. I think they did an amazing job on the dial. I’m also looking at picking up a used older model hesalite version right now, otherwise I might go for the new hesalite.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is great, I too had the same kinda affirmations. I bought a speedy hesilite about a year ago for an incredibly good price as it was a little banged up etc. beings diver guy my intention was to fix and wait for the demand and price to go up as the rumor was Omega was discontinuing the model, so I thought I could make a decent profit on a flip. Then I made a mistake and wore it for a day and it has not been off my wrist since. It is quite possibly my favorite watch ever. It’s simply and amazing time piece and really does check off all the boxes. By the way get the Hesalite you won’t regret it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Tried one on today in Vegas on the bracelet. I agree, it’s awesome! I want the sapphire version on bracelet as I like the applied logo. I think they did an amazing job on the dial. I’m also looking at picking up a used older model hesalite version right now, otherwise I might go for the new hesalite.

I would have been tempted by the sapphire version with the applied logo if it didn’t have a display back. Not a fan. Plus the all brushed bracelet is a must for me. I would have regretted it. I’m a Hesalite guy all the way. I think if you’re going to get another Speedy, get the 3861 version.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This is great, I too had the same kinda affirmations. I bought a speedy hesilite about a year ago for an incredibly good price as it was a little banged up etc. beings diver guy my intention was to fix and wait for the demand and price to go up as the rumor was Omega was discontinuing the model, so I thought I could make a decent profit on a flip. Then I made a mistake and wore it for a day and it has not been off my wrist since. It is quite possibly my favorite watch ever. It’s simply and amazing time piece and really does check off all the boxes. By the way get the Hesalite you won’t regret it.

I thought I was nothing but a dive watch guy as well. I wasn’t even really interested in chronographs at all as the simplicity of a diver appealed to me. I also like having a date function on a watch. That’s why the Speedmaster is so interesting to me and I am surprised that I like it as much as I do. It’s a chrono with no date, it’s manual wind, and now it’s on a leather strap! These are all things I didn’t think I liked. Hell I didn’t even think I liked the size. This watch is PERFECT! If I can get my hands on the used hesalite version once I get back in town in about a week, then the new 3861 sapphire sandwich on bracelet will be the watch I’m gunning for down the road. I think it is an excellent everyday GADA watch. I know some might argue it needs more water resistance, but I don’t dive or hardly go in the water at all, and I’ve got a Diver 300 for that, so I’m covered anyway.

I would have been tempted by the sapphire version with the applied logo if it didn’t have a display back. Not a fan. Plus the all brushed bracelet is a must for me. I would have regretted it. I’m a Hesalite guy all the way. I think if you’re going to get another Speedy, get the 3861 version.
Right on. You will be very happy with yours for many years to come, I’m sure!

Tough to pass that one up, congrats
Thank you. This one kept bringing me back and when I saw it for the second time in the store, there was no way I could pass it up. So glad I made the purchase.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had a similar experience with my (new) love affair with the Speedy. Bought the hesalite new from the boutique in September. It was a milestone. Then I lost my mind and bought the speedy 38 used on Chrono24 in December. THEN (quite unexpectedly) got a call and a chance to buy the new sapphire from the first delivery to my boutique (and did a couple days after it was released). T H E N I asked him to bring in the new Sedna thinking I would be able to buy it buy the time it came in :unsure:. Well it came in a couple of weeks ago. The first one to the boutique I might add. Being able to be first in line for a piece like that totally different than the Rolex hustle I have to say. Anyway, I was NOT able to buy it and had to pass. It's on my dream board!

tempImageeR5pjY.png

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've had a similar experience with my (new) love affair with the Speedy. Bought the hesalite new from the boutique in September. It was a milestone. Then I lost my mind and bought the speedy 38 used on Chrono24 in December. THEN (quite unexpectedly) got a call and a chance to buy the new sapphire from the first delivery to my boutique (and did a couple days after it was released). T H E N I asked him to bring in the new Sedna thinking I would be able to buy it buy the time it came in :unsure:. Well it came in a couple of weeks ago. The first one to the boutique I might add. Being able to be first in line for a piece like that totally different than the Rolex hustle I have to say. Anyway, I was NOT able to buy it and had to pass. It's on my dream board!

View attachment 15794121
View attachment 15794123
View attachment 15794126
View attachment 15794128
View attachment 15794129
Sounds like you’ve had quite a time! Enjoy those new watches; they sound great. I would also love to one day own one of the gold models. They are both stunning. I tried on some more Speedies today at the OB, but they said they have not yet seen any of the gold models.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts