WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The brown dial looks great OP. The caseback is also beautiful. I'm considering a Speedmaster 57, but I didn't know these existed.
I too did not know these existed until I saw my local jeweler post about this one. I went in to see it and couldn’t get it out of my mind. I feel a bit lucky to have found and purchased it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I too did not know these existed until I saw my local jeweler post about this one. I went in to see it and couldn’t get it out of my mind. I feel a bit lucky to have found and purchased it.

Couldn't agree more, excellent luck and an excellent watch!

·
Registered
248 Posts
That is a keeper. Love the way the strap accents that brown dial!

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice watch strap. I cannot get that movement out of my head. I find the look of the open case back on this watch to be a big selling point. Fairly uncommon amongst Speedmasters if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Nice watch strap. I cannot get that movement out of my head. I find the look of the open case back on this watch to be a big selling point. Fairly uncommon amongst Speedmasters if I'm not mistaken.
Thank you. Omega charges a pretty penny for these straps and deployant buckles, but I think it was really worth it. There’s something to be said for having the watch 100% Omega, plus the functionality of the deployant is excellent.

I do believe this one is fairly uncommon. I’ve said it a few times before, that I feel truly lucky to have seen this one pop up locally and to be able to purchase it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Some more photos on what has become my favorite watch. This may sound a bit cheesy, but this watch has really captivated me. The brown dial is so warm to look down at and the simplicity and contrast makes it extremely legible. The brown Omega strap and the deployant clasp are just pure class. I’m curious to see how this strap wears with time.

This has really prompted me to take a hard look at another new Speedmaster. Currently, my mind is fixed on the new sapphire version. I would like to get it on the bracelet, then procure the strap that comes on the new hesalite version. Omega did a great job with the new bracelet and straps. The bracelet is very elegant and light on the wrist. It reminds me a bit of a Rolex jubilee. Definitely a nice bracelet that is very comfortable and looks awesome. I really see myself wearing it on the nylon strap, though. I think that setup will make for an excellent everyday watch!

Oh and again, this watch is extremely hard to photograph well! Especially on a gloomy Seattle day. Blah! I need to get back in the sun!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Some more photos on what has become my favorite watch. This may sound a bit cheesy, but this watch has really captivated me. The brown dial is so warm to look down at and the simplicity and contrast makes it extremely legible. The brown Omega strap and the deployant clasp are just pure class. I’m curious to see how this strap wears with time.

This has really prompted me to take a hard look at another new Speedmaster. Currently, my mind is fixed on the new sapphire version. I would like to get it on the bracelet, then procure the strap that comes on the new hesalite version. Omega did a great job with the new bracelet and straps. The bracelet is very elegant and light on the wrist. It reminds me a bit of a Rolex jubilee. Definitely a nice bracelet that is very comfortable and looks awesome. I really see myself wearing it on the nylon strap, though. I think that setup will make for an excellent everyday watch!

Oh and again, this watch is extremely hard to photograph well! Especially on a gloomy Seattle day. Blah! I need to get back in the sun!!

Love this speedy, and I am thinking about doing the same. A 3861 Saphire Sandwich on the bracelet + the strap from the Hesalite (y)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Love this speedy, and I am thinking about doing the same. A 3861 Saphire Sandwich on the bracelet + the strap from the Hesalite (y)
Absolutely. I wish it was a standard option on the sapphire. I wonder how difficult it is to procure the nylon strap and how much it costs. I may called my local Omega boutique tomorrow and inquire.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Absolutely. I wish it was a standard option on the sapphire. I wonder how difficult it is to procure the nylon strap and how much it costs. I may called my local Omega boutique tomorrow and inquire.

Knowing the price of the clasp and straps with Omega, it will probably in the USD $500-$700 range to get both.
Actually you can probably reuse your clasp if it's the same size.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Knowing the price of the clasp and straps with Omega, it will probably in the USD $500-$700 range to get both.
Actually you can probably reuse your clasp if it's the same size.
That sounds about right. The croc strap with deployant that I just bought was, after tax, $670 USD.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts