Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 60.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered my first TAG. It should be here by the end of the month and I am so excited. It's the
Aquaracer

Quartz

WAF1110.BA0800

Basic, I know, but my previous watch that I have worn since 2001 is an ESQ, so you can imagine my anticipation to get my first TAG, I've wanted one since before I bought the ESQ. At that time, $350 CAD seemed like a lot of money for a watch.
I have been a voyeur on this site for a couple of weeks as a guest and these threads just confirmed what I already knew, I really want a TAG! My birthday is Thursday, and I am getting married this summer on July 18th, so it is a combination birthday/wedding gift. I can't wait to wear it with the tux at the altar! My ESQ has a blue dial, but I'm going with black for the TAG. I'm amazed at the low prices some of you get for TAGs. I got four quotes at local stores here and they ranged from $1300 to $1600 CAD. I purchased it at the most inexpensive store, but they had to order it in, hence the wait. $300 is worth a 3 week wait for us, as we're paying for the wedding right now. My watch cost almost as much as the caterer, lol.

I'm sure you all have seen them, but here are some cool links about Obama's TAG:
http://www.onthedash.com/docs/obama.html
http://www.luxois.com/article/2008/12/11/barack-obamas-watches

Edit: I will post photos as soon as it arrives, even though we all know what it looks like.

·
Registered
302 Posts
grats to both of you. I like the SS watch but maybe Barack should try a Carrera instead though...b-)

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
excellent choice, the Aquaracers are one of the most robust and durable watches ever made.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice choice.

My first Tag, a WAB1110 (similar watch in blue with blue bezel) is also on its way and should be here soon.

I basically wear an self-winding Omega Seamaster 2254 most of the time (love that watch!) but also wanted a tough quartz to throw on for tennis and surfing. I think the Aquaracer will fill the bill perfectly, especially since it is so light as well as strong.

I'll report back with pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Very nice and a great watch!!...Like all TAGs it suits most situations casual or formal.

I love my aquaracer as well. It's built to last. Will never part with it.

I have one with the blue face. I was two minds about the blue or black at first but my favourite colour was blue so I went with it. WAF1113.BAO801

I swim, play tennis and shower with it. It's one of my everyday watches. Believe it or not, it's the watch that I use to time my other watches :)

Excellent choice for a quartz watch.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Congratulations on The Aquaracer,Birthday and Wedding Plans.My first Tag was in the Aqua family an Aquagraph then the next one was The 41mm Aquaracer Auto Chrono.It has been replaced by the larger 43mm
Aquaracer Auto Chrono about a month ago.Both of mine were black so I am sure yours is going to make your wrist very happy.Wear and enjoy it
and best of luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts