WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
One of my favorite designs of the Aquaracer you have there. I've been owning and wearing the brand for 23 years now and am wearing a Aquaracer cal 5 ceramic as I type, other than my Carrera it's the only watch I wear.

Enjoy the wearing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my favorite designs of the Aquaracer you have there. I've been owning and wearing the brand for 23 years now and am wearing a Aquaracer cal 5 ceramic as I type, other than my Carrera it's the only watch I wear.

Enjoy the wearing.
Thank you! Hope this is the first of many. I’m not very familiar with Tag outside of the Aquaracer lines. I’ve eyed a few of the Pro 2000s before but never pulled the trigger. I found this piece for just under 400. Has a scratch on the crystal at the 6 o clock position.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Under 400 for that AR auto is a good buy. I had the same watch and did like it for the time I owned it. Buying older Tag quartz watches is not that problematic but there are A LOT of fake newer AR's and F1's out there so do your homework. Check out the Calibre 11 website. They have great info on all of the older models that will help with your collection.

Reactions: Ard and mtench21

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Solid choice.
Versatile watch and great introduction to Tag Heuer.

It’s a Sapphire crystal, so scratching it would have taken some effort!

Good news is that they are easily serviced by any competent watchmaker, and replacement crystals shouldn’t be difficult to get.

Enjoy…

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solid choice.
Versatile watch and great introduction to Tag Heuer.

It’s a Sapphire crystal, so scratching it would have taken some effort!

Good news is that they are easily serviced by any competent watchmaker, and replacement crystals shouldn’t be difficult to get.

Enjoy…

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...
I was thinking the same thing. Actually at first glance I thought it may have been chipped/cracked. The seller confirmed it’s a scratch. We will see when it arrives. I didn’t notice it in the photo until AFTER the purchase.

Watch Analog watch White Light Product

Between the 5 & 6 markers.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Tag is under appreciated. I've had a few and keeping this one, for now.

Reactions: Ard

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It's not my choice as it has design elements I don't like but I think it's a fine first TAG and should be a good reliable daily wear without fear of knocking it around a bit. Nothing like a solid stainless steel watch to wear and forget about. The scratch on the crystal is a bonus because that means you don't have to worry about babying it. I think you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I have 2 and had to hunt up images but found some.

The angle made the Carrera look huge but it is 39mm I think. I have both the bracelet and alligator strap with it so it's like 2 cream dial watches.

I'm not big on taking pictures of watches and can't find one of the Aquaracer. It's the 41mm basic black ceramic bezel watch. I've had both of them upgraded to the top grade certified movements and they work like quartz watches when in constant use. If you decide that you like the brand and choices of models I recommend the Carrera that was upgraded about 5 years ago. I had been wearing an Omega Aqua Terra prior to selling it and then buying that Tag. The new models have a great bracelet and since I've had both I can say I find it more comfy than the AT was.

I like the 2 Tags enough that I haven't bought a watch for 4 years now. I did sell off all my other watches except for one I built myself.

·
Registered
35,706 Posts
Congratulations, the Aquaracer is a solid watch 👍

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It arrived today! I have good abs bad news…the good news is that the crystal is not scratched. Must’ve been something lying on it when they took the pic. Bad news is….the movement isn’t working, and it’s on me. The description states as is and that it “needed a new battery”. I just figured they didn’t know much about an auto since it was a guys supposed gf selling it. I hoped for the best, but no dice.

I’m going to try and take it tothe local Tag dealer for servicing and see if they can give me a quote if possible to repair. Ugh…sucks.

looks quite nice, though….

Watch Analog watch Finger Clock Silver

1 - 18 of 18 Posts