WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I wanted to share a project that's been in the works for some time now. Having seen all the amazing Tsip85 custom camo jobs, I knew I had to have one of my own. The problem was determining which matte finish white watch to use, and what color to go for. Originally I wanted to dye my Nigel in a Darth Maul color setup. But I couldn't find backup resin for the Nigel, so I moved on from that project.

Fate would have it that the next day a GA100B-7A shows up. I had been wanting an Indianapolis Colts watch for my favorite NFL team. The watch already had the right setup so we went for custom Blue. I mailed the watch to him and waited patiently. I let the artist take full control over the design. He told me he wanted to try putting the Colts horseshoe logo on the strap. I couldn't wait to see the end result!

First, the watch:

ga-100b-7ajf-b.jpg

The team:

indianapolis-colts-helmet-logo.jpg

After we decided on a design, I was drooling over the masking pics Tsip sent:
2012-03-10_20-53-07_654.jpg

2012-03-10_20-54-08_29.jpg

On Friday I received a package with pink tiger print tape. I knew it had to be good!

Starting to recognize the packaging.. it's a G

Colorful little guy!

Well looky here..

Wrist shot!

Love the Colts horseshoe logos

Custom to the max!

Some pics from the artist, with a better camera:
2012-03-13_14-52-30_152.jpg

2012-03-13_14-52-00_87.jpg

2012-03-13_14-52-08_959.jpg

2012-03-13_14-49-42_995.jpg

2012-03-13_14-50-52_562.jpg

What color camo job would you want? The choice is yours!

Thanks for looking and thanks to Tsip85 for creating a magnificent, one-of-a-kind piece of art! I'm glad I got mine before the masses start lining up!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Glad to know it reached you safely but more importantly I'm happy that you like it. I still can't believe the first "team" watch I made was for a division rival! Great to finally see a wrist shot...enjoy and wear it in great health. BTW, I put a curse on it so that if you wear it when the Colts play the Texans you are guaranteed a loss!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
sorry,I do not like it
because I am a retailer and a traditionalis
LOL...now that's good ol' honest feedback right there! I consider myself a bit of a "traditionalist" as well, BUT I also like to have a few things that are my own. Especially with something as common as a G Shock...a great watch that is very affordable. I like to wear different colors according to my mood and my outfits, but I get the most pleasure out of wearing a Vintage classic or a custom G. The classics because you don't see anyone wearing them...very often at least, and the customs b/c I know no one else has one like it.

And the fact that you stated that you don't like it is all the more reason why I love this forum. Everyone has their own tastes and I really enjoy hearing other's likes/dislikes and their honest opinions.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, I put a curse on it so that if you wear it when the Colts play the Texans you are guaranteed a loss!
I guess that's what the Blue King is for :) but in all reality, you guys have a chance to be a dynasty.. until Luck gets things going ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
One of the reasons my mom sewed her own clothes was so that she never had to worry about showing up at a party with someone else wearing the same dress. No one has a watch that looks like mine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
sorry
but I think that
- Better is the honest answer from sweet lies
-I have been so brought up by parents and this is my motto in life

I did not want to offend anybody, especially your work
but I prefer
watches, women, food and vodka 40% is not modified
I promise that I will hold on for more opinions:
-next time I had a mouth full of water :))

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
LOL...no need for apologies. Your opinions are certainly welcome here and I definitely didn't take any offense to it. And to be perfectly honest with you, I'm not a big fan of it either! I put my full effort into it because I wanted Shocker to be happy with it, but c'mon...it's a damn Colts watch! That's why I hid a Texans logo in it!!!!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the positive responses! Remember, this watch was built to please me, not anyone else.. so just thought I'd share my happiness :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
"btw i put a curse on it" HAHAHA!! i can see him in a dark room stirring the dye in the boiling water..."bubble bubble, toil and trouble, ill get you my pretty!" LOL

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Looks awesome. Another job well done.

Its very distant cousin says hello (I love this thing Tsip)

Sent Via Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
That one is starting to take on the look I was hoping it would. The browns are starting to show though. So glad to see you're still enjoying it!

Reactions: Drop of a Hat
1 - 19 of 19 Posts